Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Newark and Southwell Halls - Jubilee Campus

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="KassiaElizabeth;50226177"]
Original post by moonriver96

Yeah! I didn't realise at first then I saw my name and was like "no way there's a tutor with the same name as me" ...(y)
And as far as I know the bus is free, I imagine you just have to show your uni card or something. I went the the clearing open day and "there's a free hopper bus" was all they told me. There's a Nottingham public transport service though (called nct) and you can apply for a bus card for that. (It lasts a year) Apparently its cheaper if you buy it at the freshers fair. But i wouldn't say it's worth it unless you're planning in going into the outskirts if Nottingham. Haha yes! Bed sheets all the way! :wink: I tried and failed at that technique. I know I want to go to the finale party but I'm not sure if I want to spend £30 on a ticket :/

ahaha omg lol :') looking at that list made me even more excited to start french, have you already chosen your two optional modules? and sorry if this sounds a bit stalkerish but from your username, are you Kassia Rodgers? I had a quick look earlier through the list xD
and oh okay then, thanks for that. God i hope my picture looks ok on my uni card (fingers crossed) My pics always turn out bad and really unflattering fml.. -_- and yeah, the finale sounds really good (it's bound to be, considering it's the finishing event lol) and i really want to go too... I wouldn't mind paying £30 i think but main worry is no one else would go to any other fresher events that i want to go to.. i obviously can't go by myself and be a loner ahaha :biggrin:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
[QUOTE="moonriver96;50232345"]
Original post by KassiaElizabeth

ahaha omg lol :') looking at that list made me even more excited to start french, have you already chosen your two optional modules? and sorry if this sounds a bit stalkerish but from your username, are you Kassia Rodgers? I had a quick look earlier through the list xD
and oh okay then, thanks for that. God i hope my picture looks ok on my uni card (fingers crossed) My pics always turn out bad and really unflattering fml.. -_- and yeah, the finale sounds really good (it's bound to be, considering it's the finishing event lol) and i really want to go too... I wouldn't mind paying £30 i think but main worry is no one else would go to any other fresher events that i want to go to.. i obviously can't go by myself and be a loner ahaha :biggrin:

Yes, haha that would be me, unfortunately there's too many people doing French and Politics for me to guess who you are :P
I know, I can't wait to get back into the swing of learning things, I've kept my French up over the summer but I've felt like it's just been learning/revising random bits and pieces so it'll be good to have a bit structure again. And I know I want to do German as one module but I'm not too sure about the 2nd, I'm thinking linguistics but I don't know. How about you? :smile:
Ugh me too, after carrying a college ID card around with me for 2 years which showed me mid way through a sentence, not even looking at the camera, I need this one to at least be acceptable for others to see!
Haha I know, I'm worried about that too, I'l probably try go with someone to get my ticket so I know I'll have at least one friend. Although I'm also worried about the whole "Are you going to this? ... Do you wanna go together?" scenario. I just don't know what to expect, I feel like the whole week could either be a massive pile of awkward or absolutely fine (I'm obviously hoping for the latter)

Also you know the reading lists we were sent, do we have to get the books now or wait until we start?
I'm really confused D:
[QUOTE="moonriver96;50232345"]
Original post by KassiaElizabeth

Oh and what societies are you thinking of joining? :biggrin:
Any of you guys going to any of the non-drinking/clubbing/crazy party events? I wanna go to a few maybe but not every night, and there's a pub quiz on the monday which is a bit more up my street haha! :wink:
Got a room in Southwell Hall. Also, I'm studying Civil Engineering so thank goodness there's a hopper bus between campuses [campi?].
Hii everyone, I know I'm super late but I only just found this 🙈
I got a room over in Newark and I'm super excited to start there this week XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woop found an area with a beautiful view of the lake and the night sky, perfect for watching meteor showers! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending