The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Makes sense now tuition fees are in place, they aren;t quite as keen to get internationals for pure financial reasons!! Home students at least pay closer to them, I am still horrified that by 2016 Nottm's aim is to have 50% international students, they claim on toehr grounds but I suspect its purely financial... knowing them.
Sadly, tuition fees at £3K won't make much difference, especially after top-slicing for bursaries. Home/EU undergraduates will still be a loss-making proposition for many universities. So they can increase class sizes until people are hanging off the ceiling, or they can cross-subsidise from students in other categories. Not a happy choice.

To make the university system work on today's mass-participation global-competition model, home/EU tuition needs to go up to something more like £5-9K (depending on the university).

It was always intended to roll the LNAT out internationally. This is simply to ensure as much comparability as possible across all classes of applicants. It has nothing to do with the need to recruit international students. (My university, for example, has very few international students at undergraduate level and is not planning to make any deliberate changes on that front.)
what happened to the G5 then?
There would be an outcry if tuition fees were that high. But just look at America and just about every other country in the world ... they all do it, so why shouldn.t the UK?
Reply 24
Switzerland, who may I add has about 6 Universities in the Top-50 Universities in the World, has local fees for English and EU students. So, if you come study in Switzerland, you pay about 1000SFR, which is roughly 450 pounds on tuition fees a year.
Not much good for law lol, if you want to work in England.
Reply 26
It's good if you want to work in the rest of Europe.
Reply 27
WokSz
Switzerland, who may I add has about 6 Universities in the Top-50 Universities in the World, has local fees for English and EU students. So, if you come study in Switzerland, you pay about 1000SFR, which is roughly 450 pounds on tuition fees a year.

Bargainlicious!

Do they do transfers? :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending