The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Graphic Design Chester 2014

I've got a bad feeling that i'm the only person on this course haha, anybody here doing graphic design this year?
Hello. I am! You're the second person I've found on this course!!
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 2
Ahh nice aha, what kind of kit in terms of computers and stuff are you taking? I'm debating whether to get a laptop or just a tablet for taking notes and stuff, they have macs there for practical work so i don't really need a high end laptop i dont think.
Reply 3
Hello peeps, I'm starting in September at Chester doing Graphic Design!

Regarding laptops, I've got an old Acer but looking at buying an Apple MacBook Pro in Sept - they are deffo the better machines for graphic work. And that's me being a non-Apple person really lol

Cheers, Richie
Reply 4
Original post by PixelFlare
I've got a bad feeling that i'm the only person on this course haha, anybody here doing graphic design this year?

Hiya!

There were a lot of people on the open day when I was there so imagine that there will be a few of us lol :biggrin:
I'm gonna be taking my Acer laptop as they have macs and everything that we need there. 😊 Do you live far from Chester? And have you found out your accommodation yet?
Hi Guys! I'm doing Graphic Design in Chester as well :smile: Tirion I finally found it haha! I've got a new Samsung laptop I had throughout my 3 years in college, it's served me well so I don't see why it won't do the same in Uni :smile:
Reply 7
Yaaay more people :biggrin: Hmmm okay I might as well get a macbook then!
Reply 8
Yaaay more people :biggrin: Hmmm okay I might as well get a macbook then! I live over in Gloucestershire so I i managed to get accommodation at poweys court i think it's called... I didn't manage to go to the open day but I only saw like four people at the interview day!
Haha :biggrin: I didn't go to the Open Day either... I deferred my place last year so the people I met at my interview have already started so I was dreading starting and not knowing anyone this year!
Reply 10
Original post by tirion95vickery
I'm gonna be taking my Acer laptop as they have macs and everything that we need there. ������ Do you live far from Chester? And have you found out your accommodation yet?

My Acer has been a good machine but she's pretty tired now lol.

I live in Wrexham with my partner and Chihuahua :biggrin: so accomodation not needed really. Just a small commute
Reply 11
Yaaay more people :biggrin: Hmmm okay I might as well get a macbook then!

Hiya! Students get discount on Apples at Apple store apparently
Yaaay more people :biggrin: Hmmm okay I might as well get a macbook then! I live over in Gloucestershire so I i managed to get accommodation at poweys court i think it's called... I didn't manage to go to the open day but I only saw like four people at the interview day!

Ooh I'm about an hour from Gloucestershire, so I managed to get accommodation as well! 😊 I've not met anyone who's going to be doing graphics, as I was the only graphics student at the applicant day and I didn't meet any at my interview, so I'm glad to have found a few people! 😄
Hi guys, glad to have finally found people!! But umm does anyone mind sharing what equipments they have gotten in preparation of when we actually start?? I'm clueless....well I know most people are looking into getting macs and stuff....does everybody have like sketchbooks and things? :/
Reply 14
Original post by Chika Peters
Hi guys, glad to have finally found people!! But umm does anyone mind sharing what equipments they have gotten in preparation of when we actually start?? I'm clueless....well I know most people are looking into getting macs and stuff....does everybody have like sketchbooks and things? :/

Hi i've got sketchbooks and stuff but I will be getting a microsoft surface pro 3 when my grant comes through, basically like a tablet that runs windows and I can use it to draw and everything so i wont need a notebook.... Working with computers a lot i think it's alot better for design but the industry is very Mac heavy so students are encouraged to get them... but the tablet does everything a mac can do but better and more!
Haha I thought the macs were the be all and end all....well you've convinced me otherwise :smile:
Reply 16
I'm still getting a new Mac despite being a Windows can for the last hundred years lol.
Haha any ideas on a type that's best for us? A desktop? A laptop? Mac book Air or Pro?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending