The Student Room Group

Did I come on too strong?

Have been on two dates with this guy. We've been texting back and forth in between dates. So all seems well. He asked me on date at end of this week but didn't make firm plans. My friend says I should message and ask so told me to say this:

Hey handsome :P what's the plans for meeting up this week? :smile: x

He hasn't replied and it's been 5 hours. What do I do? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Have been on two dates with this guy. We've been texting back and forth in between dates. So all seems well. He asked me on date at end of this week but didn't make firm plans. My friend says I should message and ask so told me to say this:

Oh good god!! If you text me that I would run and brake all contact
You sound a bit keen
Reply 3
Original post by Black Cat
You sound a bit keen

That means my friend gave me bad advice. She said text that

Wtf do I do? I'm sad now :frown:
Reply 4

You should be patient.
Patience. Or maybe he's trying to let you down gently.
Reply 6
Original post by MAESTRO265
Oh good god!! If you text me that I would run and brake all contact

Please be gentle :frown: found out my gran has cancer today

Need some advice :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by xmertic
You should be patient.

I'm scared. :frown: my emotions are really scatty today
That means my friend gave me bad advice. She said text that

Wtf do I do? I'm sad now :frown:

It's a bit strange and "hey handsome" is a bit cliche though try texting in a less generic way, add a bit of cheekyness to them.
For now just wait for a response don't send anymore texts you don't want to look clingy
Please be gentle :frown: found out my gran has cancer today

Need some advice :frown:

Then what you on here for worrying about a damn boy you've known for 2 minutes. I would spend every waking minute thinking of my gran and being with her, I can't help but feel this is bull****

Just chill your bean :smile: There's a girl I'm talking to at the moment that I like and I only message her 2-3 times a day with more than 5 hours in between sometimes. For no other reason than I'm busy :smile:

Give it a day, if he's not messaged back then message again but tell him you just wanted to know for your schedule :smile:
Original post by Black Cat
It's a bit strange and "hey handsome" is a bit cliche though try texting in a less generic way, add a bit of cheekyness to them.
For now just wait for a response don't send anymore texts you don't want to look clingy

Thanks. I haven't sent any more texts.

He already knows about my gran as I told him she was ill. Think I freaked him out enough with that already :frown:

Aw - Tbh it's not the end of the world if he decides to not go out with you, that would be bit low of him to just judge you on that one text (Especially when he's gone out with you twice?)

Don't fear rejected, it's all an experience (As cheesy as it sounds) :smile:
Original post by MAESTRO265
Then what you on here for worrying about a damn boy you've known for 2 minutes. I would spend every waking minute thinking of my gran and being with her, I can't help but feel this is bull****

Well I've been crying about my gran a lot. Don't tell me I'm making that up. Just cause I didn't say so here doesn't mean I'm not upset
Original post by xmertic
Just chill your bean :smile: There's a girl I'm talking to at the moment that I like and I only message her 2-3 times a day with more than 5 hours in between sometimes. For no other reason than I'm busy :smile:

Give it a day, if he's not messaged back then message again but tell him you just wanted to know for your schedule :smile:

Thanks. Uncertainty stress me out so much :/. I was meaning to sound cheeky in the text as well - not really intense or anything.

He is probably busy, and will reply soon to confirm said plans.
LOL. first world problems hahaha
Well I've been crying about my gran a lot. Don't tell me I'm making that up. Just cause I didn't say so here doesn't mean I'm not upset

So you find out today and within hours you are on here crying about some boy WTF? This is minor compared what is happening with your gran. TSR is the last website I would be on and instead I'll be all over NHS, cancer research websites. Wait a bloody minute so you text the boy with some happy positive but awkward text and it's been 5 five hours since yet you found out your gran got cancer today. Seriously how long did it take for you to get over that news, the math does not add up, you are barely awake for 16 hours on an average day, it would take me a long time to get my head around news like that. I can not help but not believe you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Thanks. Uncertainty stress me out so much :/. I was meaning to sound cheeky in the text as well - not really intense or anything.

Going off your post, I could tell :smile: Dw, if he took it the wrong way... I don't think it'll be that big a set back
Original post by Merlot-Onous
He is probably busy, and will reply soon to confirm said plans.

I think I'm letting this get to me more than usual for a few reasons:

- found out my granny has 2 months to live today so literally everything is making me burst into tears
- I'm not usually assertive with men at all. It freaks me out. :frown:

Thanks for your help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending