The Student Room Group

US Journalist James Foley beheaded by supposed British ISIS militant

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Motorbiker
Nah, i just removed the link to the beheading video.

Talk about it all you want but doesn't post up videos. That's not suitable for this site.

If people want to find it they can use google +common sense.

sorry >.<
Reply 81
Original post by itsRochana
So sickening

:sadnod: there was a beheading vid I put up but it was taken down so if you didn't catch it at least you'll have mental peace >.<
Reply 82
Original post by missfats
The UK has not implanted death row as a punishment however in a hypothetical situation, then yes (but only those who have transgressed the bounds of killing the innocent).

I don't see how me being "Muslim" changes anything, when this is a simple case of morality.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why did you quote Muslim? You are Muslim. And as you are a member of the group in question anything you say can be seen as subjective or a copout or defending the act. Just a briefer really, you can post as much as you like obviously, just givin' you a heads up is all :colonhash:

And yea I have come across in time that there is no death row, but this is an exception lol
Original post by ApeMob
:sadnod: there was a beheading vid I put up but it was taken down so if you didn't catch it at least you'll have mental peace >.<

Yh i watched it. Wtf happened to humanity
Original post by ApeMob
Why did you quote Muslim? You are Muslim. And as you are a member of the group in question anything you say can be seen as subjective or a copout or defending the act. Just a briefer really, you can post as much as you like obviously, just givin' you a heads up is all :colonhash:

And yea I have come across in time that there is no death row, but this is an exception lol

So because I am supposedly a Muslim, my opinion regarding ISIS automatically becomes subjective? lel.

I think death row is perfect as a capital punishment for persistent high level criminals because we can not economically support such parasites to dwell in our prisons, if no change is being bought. Just my opinion on this matter :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
An innocent person has been murdered brutally. Bottom line. I'm disgusted that people are trying to defend this crime. I don't give a **** about what's legal in that country, they have no right to do that.
I do not condone this heinous illegitimate act.
However whatever the reason, they have a right to execute in their lands according to their own laws.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Setting aside the legitimacy of the death penalty for a moment - 1) What law are you possibly suggesting the poor man broke? He was reporting on conflict in Syria 2 years ago when he was kidnapped. He didn't go "barging in".

2) IS aren't a legitimate state, they don't have any right to create or implement laws of any variety.
Original post by RtGOAT
What did he say?

Basically that he hates America and wishes he wasn't American, he said his brother who is in the Air Force and his colleagues signed his death certificate when they completed some sort of mission he referred to.

I think death row is perfect as a capital punishment for persistent high level criminals because we can not economically support such parasites to dwell in our prisons, if no change is being bought. Just my opinion on this matter :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You earlier said that ISIS had a right to uphold their laws on capital punishment.

What makes you think that the American journalist was a persistent high level criminal?
Reply 89

Oops. Lol

&I ask myself that as well. :puke:
He better be dealt with and fast and appropriately. So since this happened to an American, is it Obama's beckon call? Or because a Brit did it...is it up to UK? :dontknow: Or did something already happen to the ****er. :angry:
Reply 90
No, I never make threats.
its a fact that the Islamic state is for muslims only and DO not accept infidels barging in whenever they feel like.
At least get permission beforehand to enter the terrority.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You do know that ISIS's victims are by and large other Muslims?
Original post by Rlove95
This. I also think they should restrict entry to any British 'citizens' who try come back over here. Better to be safe than sorry.

How would they exactly do that? Capture them when they are arriving in heathrow on the Air Islamic State plane?
Reply 92
Original post by The_Oracle95
the "extremist" Muslims are actually the ones who are doing what the Koran says. The "moderate" Muslims haven't interpreted it differently, they just ignore parts which makes them as much of a Muslim as I am
I actually sympathise quite a lot with "moderate" Muslims, but I am afraid you are right

Muslims will tell you all the time that there are no "moderate" or "extremist" Muslims, just Muslims, but this is blatantly not true.
do these guys literally behead every single person they come across?
Reply 94
Should teach others to never enter the islamic state unless you are muslim of course.
you sound completely misguided

are you advocating world-wide apartheid ? everyone locked up in his/her little religious cell or Bantustan... what a ghastly perspective

anyone can recognize a cruel, heinous murder when he sees it, and this case is simply that : there is no way it can be considered as a legitimate death sentence and execution
Reply 95
Abhorrent and disgusting. I still don't get why it's so hard to stop these people from coming back. The government knows that 4-600 people have gone abroad to fight and have undoubtedly committed similar atrocities and yet there have been no statements regarding revoking the citizenship of those who go abroad to commit crimes. It may be okay in that part of the world, but if they are to be British citizens with the intent of returning, they should still be under the jurisdiction of British law, otherwise it sets a precedent that it's okay to commit heinous crimes so long as it isn't on British soil and that you can come back with everything being honky dory. If they stay gone, then it'd be better for the rest of us over here.

IThe BBC should show part of the video, so that someone may be able to identify the aggressor in the video by his voice. It's not like they haven't shown clips from execution videos in the past -- it seems like they're going into damage control mode that it's a British Muslim who has done the execution and keeping things to a minimum.

Unfortunately, this has been happening to Westerners for well over a decade now, with Daniel Pearl's beheading in Afghanistan, 2002, and quite a fair few since then. I have no doubts that groups with such ideology would have been doing such things to their prisoners for many years before hand; decades and centuries. It is nothing new and I doubt anything is going to change.

Original post by The_Oracle95
A complete double standard.

Let's be honest, most people have horrendous double standards. You just need to find something to trigger that double standard. You're very rarely going to find a person that doesn't, or is at least willing to admit that they do.
(edited 9 years ago)
I made the mistake of watching a video like this about ten years ago. I can still see it now and it still makes me want to vomit. No way I'm going near this one.

There are some...scary attitudes on here. Anyone who can watch that and say "Well, it's their country (it isn't) they can do what they like (they can't)" is a ****ing monster.
Reply 97
It's time to ban Islam.

Just like we do with other dangerous cults.
Original post by ManifoldManifest
Setting aside the legitimacy of the death penalty for a moment - 1) What law are you possibly suggesting the poor man broke? He was reporting on conflict in Syria 2 years ago when he was kidnapped. He didn't go "barging in".

2) IS aren't a legitimate state, they don't have any right to create or implement laws of any variety.

As I said "whatever the reason", they have a right to kill in thier lands. If you want the exact reason, then please contact ISIS because unfortunately I nor the media do not hold any credibility to tell you.

Frankly, the ISIS couldn't give a crap about the international uproar from governments around the world. They see themselves as a legitimate state, and that's all that matters.

Disclaimer: I do not endorse nor support ISIS activities before any mod gets on a hissy fit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
As I said "whatever the reason", they have a right to kill in thier lands. If you want the exact reason, then please contact ISIS because unfortunately I nor the media do not hold any credibility to tell you.

Frankly, the ISIS couldn't give a crap about the international uproar from governments around the world. They see themselves as a legitimate state, and that's all that matters.

Disclaimer: I do not endorse nor support ISIS activities before any mod gets on a hissy fit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(TSRians are waking up and I tried to tell you they'd be upset and take it out on you for being Muslim :s-smilie:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending