The Student Room Group

US Journalist James Foley beheaded by supposed British ISIS militant

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2729287/ISIS-beheads-journalist-James-Wright-Foley-warning-US.html damn i couldnt resist more than 1 day to comment about isis damn.:frown: there should be more outcry against this way more way way more since these people are using islam to kill innocent people. actual protests by brothers to wipe these animals of the face of the earth invade and crush these animals and wipe them of the planet. but silence like usual. by the way im talking about specifically about muslims in the UK. the rest of the worlds muslims as labelled these savages as crazy extremes just this place total and utter silence people care more about gaza than 10000s of muslims dying by isis its actually amazing. i hope america wipes these dogs of the planet. i need to detox off this stuff im addicted to ranting about isis.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Man in conflict zone killed shocker.
Reply 2
Original post by Ganhad
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2729287/ISIS-beheads-journalist-James-Wright-Foley-warning-US.html damn i couldnt resist more than 1 day to comment about isis damn.:frown: there should be more outcry against this way more way way more since these people are using islam to kill innocent people. actual protests by brothers to wipe these animals of the face of the earth invade and crush these animals and wipe them of the planet. but silence like usual. by the way im talking about specifically about muslims in the UK. the rest of the worlds muslims as labelled these savages as crazy extremes just this place total and utter silence people care more about gaza than 10000s of muslims dying by isis its actually amazing. i hope america wipes these dogs of the planet. i need to detox off this stuff im addicted to ranting about isis.

Welcome back?
The BBC has not yet reported that the rebel who killed the reporter is British, however I have just watched the released video and I can confirm this guy has a thick legit British accent. I'm obviously not allowed to post the link to the video as it contains a beheading but you can easily google it - or pm me and I'll send it to you.

The supposed British ISIS executor is fully masked which means he could re-enter Britian a war criminal yet face absolutely no prosecution. I seriously hope I'm wrong about this otherwise it would seem the government will have to rethink their stance on British citizens fighting in foreign militant groups. I'm aware someone else has made a thread on this but he has linked the daily mail so I'm going to imagine it doesn't exist.

The Islamic State militant group has released a video online purporting to show the killing of a US journalist.

The victim was identified by the militants as James Foley, a video and photojournalist who was seized by armed men in Syria in late 2012.

The video has not been independently verified.

The White House said it was working to establish the video's authenticity, but if it was genuine, the US would be "appalled by the brutal murder".

On Facebook, Foley's family wrote: "We know that many of you are looking for confirmation or answers. Please be patient until we all have more information, and keep the Foleys in your thoughts and prayers."

Foley has reported extensively across the Middle East.

In the video, titled A Message to America, a man who the IS said was James Foley is shown being held by a masked militant.

The militant, who speaks with a British accent, says the journalist's death is the direct result of US bombing of IS targets in Iraq.

The US has recently carried out a number of air strikes against IS militants, who have swept through large swathes of north-western Iraq.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28862268

LiveLeak-dot-com-bc1_1408481278-BvbgTgXCQAENIdD_1408482122.jpg.resized.jpg
(edited 9 years ago)
Just saw the video, crazy bastards. Im questioning whether Foley was actually coerced into saying what he did as people are reporting, he seemed quite aware of what was about to happen and it was weird to see how calm he was knowing.
he'll come home to a nice cushy lifestyle in his london flat after his side loses in iraq. this is the enrichment you get for voting labour.
I hope these ****ers get their citizenship taken off them and sent to Guantanamo Bay. I will be pissed if they return home and nothing is done about them.
Reply 7
Original post by College_Dropout
it was weird to see how calm he was knowing.

What else could he do? You can see he was clenching his jaw and gritting his teeth. He'd probably just resigned himself to his fate.

RIP James Foley. If you are going to be beheaded by islamist nutjobs at least show the ****ers how to die.
the BBC is now reporting that the militant has a British accent, this will get a lot of coverage
Reply 9
Original post by Table dust
the BBC is now reporting that the militant has a British accent, this will get a lot of coverage

And alot of people will cry how irrelevant it is that one of ours did this.

I'm ashamed to be British at this point. Our society's tolerance of the intolerant has fostered these jihadist psychopaths in our own land.
Original post by flugelr
What else could he do? You can see he was clenching his jaw and gritting his teeth. He'd probably just resigned himself to his fate.

RIP James Foley. If you are going to be beheaded by islamist nutjobs at least show the ****ers how to die.

This is why I dont believe he was coerced into saying what he did, he knew he was going to die but still said it. He obviously couldn't do nothing, but its still quite weird to see someone just accepting they are about to be decapitated.
Original post by McZero
And alot of people will cry how irrelevant it is that one of ours did this.

I'm ashamed to be British at this point. Our society's tolerance of the intolerant has fostered these jihadist psychopaths in our own land.

Exactly.
This is why I dont believe he was coerced into saying what he did, he knew he was going to die but still said it. He obviously couldn't do nothing, but its still quite weird to see someone just accepting they are about to be decapitated.

I have a feeling his captors carried out mock executions on him, he may have had no idea he was going to be killed

I don't know, he may have been threatened with a painful, slow death. After two years, potentially being tortured already I know I'd want a quick death and would probably say anything just for that kind of hell to be over.
Reply 14

What did he say?
Original post by RtGOAT
What did he say?

JAMES FOLEY I call on my friends, family, and loved ones to rise up against my real killers, the US government. For what will happen to me is only a result of their complacency and criminality.

My message to my beloved parents, save me some dignity, and don't accept some meagre compensation, for my death, from the same people who effectively hit the last nail in my coffin with their recent aerial campaign in Iraq.

I call on my brother John, who is a member of the US air force. Think about what you are doing, think about the lives you destroy, including those of your own family. I call on you John, think about who made the decision to bomb Iraq recently and kill those people, whoever they may have been. Think John, who did they really kill? And did they think about me, you, our family when they made that decision?

I died that day John, when your colleagues dropped that bomb on those people they signed my death certificate. I wish I had more time. I wish I could have the hope of freedom and seeing my family once again. But that ship has sailed. I guess all in all I wish I wasn't American.

taken from reddit
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
Time to annihilate these ****ers.
Just saw the news, absolutely horrifying. Yet to see the video and honestly I'm not sure I want to.
Original post by MrDystopia
Just saw the news, absolutely horrifying. Yet to see the video and honestly I'm not sure I want to.

Don't!
Original post by MrDystopia

Ironandbeer is right, don't! Because I just did.
It's not a clean cut, his head is sawn off with a knife.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending