The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Living in town a bad idea!? (Loughborough Waterways)

So im going to be staying in Waterways in town this year but well trolling through the LSU freshers page im starting to think im going to miss out BIG TIME!

I didnt realise that each hall had its own commitee and arranged their own fresher events, if i knew i would have sacked off the sexy looking accommodation in town and made sure i was involved.

But then im thinking i guess its only 2 weeks that i will miss out on a few events.

Anybody else lived in Waterways/Town as an undergrad? Are the private halls any good at organise events and freshers?
You can affiliate yourself to any hall for a small charge and join their fresher events. Harry French will be the nearest for you if you're in town.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Hey, I'm in the same situation as you (going to be living in the Holt, in fact I nearly picked Waterways). For freshers you need to affiliate with a hall, and in some cases also buy the freshers pack. I'm going with Bakewell simply because I know of other people from the Holt going here, but you should look on the LSU website on the halls page for other information.
its unlikely your accomodation will run anything much, however there will be other freshers (and it is likely they will be in your flat) so meet them and see what they're doing/who they've affiliated with, people that I know who've affiliated in the past have said you can still feel a bit of an outsider and don't get to join in properly but it might be easier if a group of you go together, either way you can attend most of freshers yourselves without affiliating and can meet people through societies and your course

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending