The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

NTU Personal Statement Advice

I'm looking to apply for Veterinary Nursing soon. I was just seeking out some quick advice as to what NTU are looking for in students. I am incredibly keen to study at NTU and have already drafted my personal statement. Any suggestions?

Thank you :3
Pretty much the same as any uni application. Show you are interested in the subject. Talk about why you want to do the subject. As you're doing vet nursing talk about your love of animals (I assume you are an animal lover. If you arent then this course probs aint for you! :wink:) and if you can avoid waffling on about them, the animals you have. They will definitely love it if you show you've done your homework. if you havent already, look at the course details in depth. Is there stuff in the course you would particularly enjoy? Talking specifics of the course will show them you have read up on it and are 100% serious. Thats what all unis want.

Hope that helps! :smile:
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by King Max
Pretty much the same as any uni application. Show you are interested in the subject. Talk about why you want to do the subject. As you're doing vet nursing talk about your love of animals (I assume you are an animal lover. If you arent then this course probs aint for you! :wink:) and if you can avoid waffling on about them, the animals you have. They will definitely love it if you show you've done your homework. if you havent already, look at the course details in depth. Is there stuff in the course you would particularly enjoy? Talking specifics of the course will show them you have read up on it and are 100% serious. Thats what all unis want.

Hope that helps! :smile:

Thank you! I've drafted it, I haven't whittled on about my animals. I have mentioned dog walking and bird keeping as a hobby though. I have mentioned about my work experience etc. I've studied the course modules and things and it sounds perfect for me!
Original post by Jamie_11_x
Thank you! I've drafted it, I haven't whittled on about my animals. I have mentioned dog walking and bird keeping as a hobby though. I have mentioned about my work experience etc. I've studied the course modules and things and it sounds perfect for me!

Great! Just remember to specify what modules you REALLY would enjoy
Reply 4
The main thing you need to remember to write is what your hobbies/experience gives you and how it will benefit you whilst studying at university. You don't have much room so keep it brief but get it in there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending