The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Freshers

My sister starts LSE next month and will be commuting to school. She's recently heard about a RAG band that can be purchased for £25 that will give you access to all 4 LSESU freshers nights. Since she is commuting to school she's wondering whether it will be worth purchasing the band as obviously getting home would be an issue as the events are at night. Second of all, one of the events is a Battle of the Halls and she's concerned that she won't be able to partake in it as she won't be living in the halls.

Any advice would be helpful!
Reply 1
I am in the same situation as your sister. I am starting LSE this September but going to stay living at home, so I am not sure what to do about freshers!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
I definitely think you should 100% go to freshers events - friends of mine who went to uni and lived in halls didn't go to freshers events and they feel like they missed out on making friends and things despite living in halls, so I think it's even more important if you're not living in halls that you go! I'm sure it's a hassle to get back late at night, but I think it'd be worth it for this one week. Plus you might meet some nice people who are quite happy to let you sleep on their floor/sofa (as I have done at friends' unis).
I know some "Battle of the Halls" events don't let you participate in the "Battles" if you're not in halls, but others are far more relaxed and let halls 'adopt' people who aren't in halls so that everyone can take part and have a good time :smile:
The key with freshers I think is to remember that drunk people are generally very welcoming :biggrin:

(My perspective on this comes from having a deferred place at LSE, so I've visited quite a few friends at a few different unis over the past year.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending