The Student Room Group

Graphic Design Applicants 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
i got accepted on wednesday for graphic design at leeds, no interview or portfolio was required, i haven't done a foundation course and only have a-levels so i'm pretty happy!!
Original post by evec
i got accepted on wednesday for graphic design at leeds, no interview or portfolio was required, i haven't done a foundation course and only have a-levels so i'm pretty happy!!

Wow congratulation! Leeds Uni I presume, rather than the college of art? And what are your predicted grades at A Level? :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by charlottei
Wow congratulation! Leeds Uni I presume, rather than the college of art? And what are your predicted grades at A Level? :smile:

yeah Leeds uni, my predictions are ABB and that's what they're asking for :smile:
Original post by evec

omg congratulations! :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by virginiamyw
omg congratulations! :biggrin:

thank you!!
Reply 45
Original post by evec

That's class, well done. Have you finished your A levels yet? I've applied to do graphics at Leeds but they only go by your grades and not your portfolio or anything. I'm predicted ABB I just pray to God I get in because the uni and the course look so good.
Reply 46
Original post by WM96
That's class, well done. Have you finished your A levels yet? I've applied to do graphics at Leeds but they only go by your grades and not your portfolio or anything. I'm predicted ABB I just pray to God I get in because the uni and the course look so good.

thank you!! I'm in upper sixth atm so I haven't finished my a-levels yet, I was also predicted ABB, so good luck!!
Reply 47
Original post by evec
thank you!! I'm in upper sixth atm so I haven't finished my a-levels yet, I was also predicted ABB, so good luck!!

Really!? So you're 100% in?
Reply 48
Original post by evec

What subjects are you currently taking?
I've just sent my UCAS off tonight! I'm so excited. I've applied for University for the Creative Arts, University of Bedfordshire, Staffordshire University, Anglia Ruskin and University of the Arts London.

I did a BTEC in health and social care, but I do have quite a bit of experience in this area. So I'm hoping I at least get an interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Original post by WM96
What subjects are you currently taking?

art, product design and psychology, you?
I don't know if any of you have thought about the University of Worcester?

The Graphics course is awesome there and the course leader is amazing. :smile:
Original post by evec

I get wary about these kinda things. Have you been and had a look around the uni and spoken to the course leader? :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by Roving Fish
I get wary about these kinda things. Have you been and had a look around the uni and spoken to the course leader? :smile:

Yeh :smile:
Reply 54
Original post by evec
art, product design and psychology, you?

Graphics media and english language, what grades did you get at AS?
Reply 55
Original post by WM96
Graphics media and english language, what grades did you get at AS?

Art:A psych:B, product design:B, maths: D but i'm going to be retaking product design and maybe psych, wbu?
(edited 9 years ago)
hello,
Can I ask a question? What are the top five universities for Graphic design?
Reply 57
Original post by charlottei
Yeah, that what I was hoping if direct entry doesn't work out.
And thank you very much :colondollar: I'm also taking Biology and English Language & Literature (combined A Level). I took Chemistry last year as well, but I dropped it.

That is really far. All of mine are far away too... A lot of them are going to involve overnight stays, unfortunately. I've heard DMU mentioned too! I think their prospectus put me off a bit though. Maybe it's worth a second look. Let us know how it looks if you do. :biggrin:

I've been saying this for weeks now, but I should hopefully have an online portfolio up very soon! I think I'm going to be sitting down with my tutor soon so she can help me choose what pieces will be best for it.

Hey!!
Which university did you end up going to?
Im currently in the process of narrowing down university choices atm.

My choices so far are:
Falmouth
Brighton
NTU
Norwich
______?

still really unsure though :s-smilie:
Original post by p.m
Hey!!
Which university did you end up going to?
Im currently in the process of narrowing down university choices atm.

My choices so far are:
Falmouth
Brighton
NTU
Norwich
______?

still really unsure though :s-smilie:

Hey, sorry for the late reply - I don't come on TSR much any more.

I ended up going to Falmouth and I'm absolutely loving it so far. :smile: Couldn't recommend it enough. I was impressed by Norwich too, though!
I applied yesterday to do Graphic Design at Nottingham Trent, Sheffield Hallam, Derby, De Montfort and Arts University Bournemouth. I'm in year 2 of my level 3 Graphic Design course at uni. Got D* last year and predicted DDD though I'm aiming for higher :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest