The Student Room Group

I feel guilty about wanting to have sex?

I'm 19 going into my second year of University. I'm a virgin, but I want to make the leap and have sex. I'm a late bloomer. This year, I had pretty much all the firsts (first date, first kiss, first significant other, but we broke it off before we had sex). I feel like it's time. I don't want to lose my virginity in a one night stand, I want to date someone for a couple of months before having sex. However, I feel kind of guilty about it. I feel like I need to wait until I'm married because I was raised in a really religious household. I don't want to wait, but the guilt is really bad! Advice?
You don't need to feel guilty about wanting to have sex, every adult human being on the planet wants to have sex as this is how we are wired! However, I understand that the guilt will be there sub-consciously if you were brought up in a religious household but it is your choice. My only advice would be not to rush into anything because you want to lose your virginity, it is completely about who you lost it with and when it is the right person you will feel that it's right and your guilt will likely diminish!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending