The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Nope, it's perfectly normal I think.
On a similar thread, one guy said it was sexual harassment to do that haha.

It's fine.
Reply 3
It depends on how sincere the guy is. This has happened to me several times. I've never said yes because all of them have been a little sleazy.

If a guy asked me out and he seemed like he is genuine in what he is saying, I wouldn't say no if I found him attractive! 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
It wouldn't bother me (unless I was in a rush for my bus, train or just in general) but I wouldn't definitely say yes either or give my phone number
Don't see a problem with this :] I guess some girls might find it strange... But we can be difficult sometimes 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Inb4 coleslaw "Thats sexual harrasment !" Its not normal to speak to other humans unless you know them !
Erm... it wouldn't be a problem unless the guy was sleazy, but if he was attractive I wouldn't hesitate. How about a poll for this?
Reply 8
If it was done in a polite, friendly way then I'd have no issue with this. But it can be very intimidating and sleazy if done in the wrong way!
Nothing wrong with it but of course only if you're reasonably attractive. Otherwise you come across as creepy, sorry gotta say the truth.

Less than reasonably attractive guys will need to build friendships and display personality first to boost their overall attractiveness.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbh I wouldn't like this, whether the guy was attractive or not. I've always got my headphones while I'm walking down the street anyway so he would have to tap my shoulder to get my attention which would make it even more creepy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No. I wouldn't like it for the following reasons

1. There are enough annoying people in town trying to get people's attention anyway (charity muggers etc), I'd just assume he was after money.

2. I ALWAYS have noise cancelling headphones in when out and about so I probably wouldn't even hear him.

3. I'm usually in a rush or late so I wouldn't want to stop and chat.

4. I have a boyfriend. (obviously that's the number one reason!)
Original post by coIe-slaw
Don't talk about me when i'm not here. I know for a fact that approaching woman in the street, welcomed or not. Even if a girl likes it when gentlemen speak to them innocently on the streets, by law it is sexual harassment and i will not accept it. If you enjoy being approached by men then you are easy and will have a kid without a real father.

Approaching a female and making conversation with her on the street is sexual harrassment? What kind of society do we live in that frowns upon social interaction? Im not going up to her and groping her now am I?
Original post by Anonymous
Approaching a female and making conversation with her on the street is sexual harrassment? What kind of society do we live in that frowns upon social interaction? Im not going up to her and groping her now am I?

No, approaching a woman and then leaving out of fear and anxiety is not sexual harassment, engaging in conversation is. Simply asking her for the time could result in every woman fearing for their life because they hate men and hate any type of interaction that isn't with their female friends.

Keep away from woman because they don't like you, any of you.
I have a boyfriend so I wouldn't like it.

But even when I was single, I didn't like it. Some guy wants to ask you out but he knows absolutely nothing about you apart from he likes the look of you.

No thanks.
This has happened to me a few times before. As long as they're polite, I would be fine with it. If they were rude and persistent (i.e I politely decline but they keep forcing me to say yes) then I'd be a bit creeped out.
Original post by coIe-slaw
No, approaching a woman and then leaving out of fear and anxiety is not sexual harassment, engaging in conversation is. Simply asking her for the time could result in every woman fearing for their life because they hate men and hate any type of interaction that isn't with their female friends.

Keep away from woman because they don't like you, any of you.

Speak for yourself. I'm not scared of men talking to me. And I don't automatically hate them for being men. That's misandry.

Latest