The Student Room Group

Do you brush your teeth before or after you eat breakfast?

Poll

When do you brush your teeth?

I brush my teeth before I eat breakfast because I can't eat food with my mouth feeling slimy and tastes dirty. So for you brush before or after breakfast?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

But you can eat breakfast and have juice with a minty mouth? Eww.

After for me.

Also, I don't see the point in brushing, then getting your mouth all dirty again straight away.
I brush before having breakfast :u:
After usually, but I do rinse my mouth with water first.
Before:

"Never brush your teeth straight after a meal as it can damage your teeth. This is especially important if you've had fruit, fizzy drinks, wine or any other food that contains acid because tooth enamel is softened by the acid and can be worn away by brushing."

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/dentalhealth/Pages/Teethcleaningguide.aspx

The option for me would be to wait an hour after or do it before. The former is not practical.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Before.

(It takes a few minutes to prepare breakfast anyway)
Before by the time I've washed my face, got dressed or whatever I'm doing my mouth isn't minty anymore
Reply 7
After is the only logical option. Unless you eat b-fast late and do both :smile:
Before. Eating breakfast with overnight teeth feels disgusting :frown:
Original post by Asklepios
Before:

"Never brush your teeth straight after a meal as it can damage your teeth. This is especially important if you've had fruit, fizzy drinks, wine or any other food that contains acid because tooth enamel is softened by the acid and can be worn away by brushing."

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/dentalhealth/Pages/Teethcleaningguide.aspx

The option for me would be to wait an hour after or do it before. The former is not practical.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Trust you. :rolleyes:

I know before is better for you, however after. Don't particularly fancy spearminty cornflakes.
Before for the same reasons as OP. My mouth feels clean and slightly minty but I don't eat till 12 anyways.
After! Mainly because that's what I've always done, but I don't really want breakfast to taste weird anyway, and seems a bit pointless to brush then get them all dirty again... I do try and leave a few minutes in the middle though if I can, and rinse my mouth out beforehand :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Before... Dentists have highly recommended that otherwise plaque is more likely to build up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hollieeilloh
Trust you. :rolleyes:

I know before is better for you, however after. Don't particularly fancy spearminty cornflakes.

Trust me what?

And ewww cornflakes

Posted from TSR Mobile
After! There's no point in doing it before unless you are getting breakfast elsewhere!
Reply 15
After
Original post by Asklepios
Trust me what?

And ewww cornflakes

Posted from TSR Mobile

#biggestnerdIknow #statisticsout
Before
I don't trust anyone who brushes after..
before

brushing/mouthwash eliminates bacteria, less bacteria means less binary fission when they had their breakfasts too. Brushing after would mean a lot larger bacterial population.
Reply 19
I feel weird for saying after now...

Quick Reply

Latest