The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Applying to Bath Accommodation Late.

I applied to bath through adjustment for economics and got a place and have only just just applied to accommodation as it opened today. The only accommodation that is left is John Wood Court which I applied for anyway. I was wondering whether anyone else is in a similar situation and is considering other options like private accommodation??

Thanks,

Nathan

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yes, i am in a similar situation! looking for private accommodations just incase!
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
I have just applied for John Wood Court, but I'm a bit confused as to whether this means there are still rooms left there, or if it is just a default on the system for putting you on the waiting list? Because I kept reading that you're likely to not get any accommodation through the uni if you apply after results.
Reply 3
Original post by achu123
yes, i am in a similar situation! looking for private accommodations just incase!

ahh cool uhhh are you looking to get a house or shared accomodation? also what are you studying??
Reply 4
Original post by Thomasmaurusrex
I have just applied for John Wood Court, but I'm a bit confused as to whether this means there are still rooms left there, or if it is just a default on the system for putting you on the waiting list? Because I kept reading that you're likely to not get any accommodation through the uni if you apply after results.

I have no idea to be honest I applied at 9 as soon as it opened to maximise my chances. I have heard exactly the same though. Are you looking to get shared private accommodation?
Yeah, if I don't get halls (and I'm doubtful that there's anything left in halls now) I'd try and find a few people to share a house with
Reply 6
Original post by John Maddon
ahh cool uhhh are you looking to get a house or shared accomodation? also what are you studying??

by shared accommodation do u mean share rooms? i prefer to have my own room! so mite be looking at house? are you looking for private accommodation?
Reply 7
Original post by achu123
by shared accommodation do u mean share rooms? i prefer to have my own room! so mite be looking at house? are you looking for private accommodation?

Sorry I mean't sharing a house ;] I really need my own room at all costs hahaha :smile: a house would be great! yes I am just in case I don't get halls and to be honest private accommodation could be nicer.
Reply 8
Sorry I mean't sharing a house ;] I really need my own room at all costs hahaha :smile: a house would be great! yes I am just in case I don't get halls and to be honest private accommodation could be nicer.

yh same! :smile: it might be less noisy in private accommodations? where are you looking at for private accommodations?
Reply 9
Original post by achu123
yh same! :smile: it might be less noisy in private accommodations? where are you looking at for private accommodations?

Yes possibly I would like to see all my options before choosing one definitely. Problem is its difficult to know what is right and its also hard to find people interested in private accommodation!

Private message me if you can.
Reply 10
Original post by Thomasmaurusrex
Yeah, if I don't get halls (and I'm doubtful that there's anything left in halls now) I'd try and find a few people to share a house with

Yeah me too. I know they do a day on the 10th to organise this but I'd like to get some prep in before hand!
Reply 11
In the same boat. Given that John Wood Court has 176 places, and was the only one available, I'd say getting a place in halls is looking pretty unlikely.
The John Wood Court is just a generic waiting list for any accommodation so I was told, its not just those 176 places we have all applied to
Reply 13
I hope I get a place in the halls lol

Looking for a house/flat now is gonna be a mission zzz
Reply 14
Original post by nivrap402
The John Wood Court is just a generic waiting list for any accommodation so I was told, its not just those 176 places we have all applied to

Hi there, who told you this??
Reply 15
Original post by h.os
I hope I get a place in the halls lol

Looking for a house/flat now is gonna be a mission zzz

urgh ikr :/ at least others are in the same situation so a group to find house could be put together quite easily!
Hi there, who told you this??

Emailed the university accommodation contact and asked about it:

"Dear George,

You are correct with the application just being a generic application
and we will proceed to allocate people to rooms we have available. We
are currently unsure where we will have availability.

Best Regards,

Jordan Koulouris
Student Accommodation"
Reply 17
Original post by nivrap402
Emailed the university accommodation contact and asked about it:

"Dear George,

You are correct with the application just being a generic application
and we will proceed to allocate people to rooms we have available. We
are currently unsure where we will have availability.

Best Regards,

Jordan Koulouris
Student Accommodation"

cheers mate.
Reply 18
Btw guys if any of you are thinking/ preparing for private accommodation just in case private message me! It would be good to chat to people in the same position as me.
Reply 19
Are there private halls left or are they all gone too?

If I don't get a place on the 1st I'm probably going to try and get a studio flat if there's any left

Quick Reply

Latest