The Student Room Group

How long does it take to receive your UCAS letter in the post?

I wanted to open a student bank account and I can't until I get the letter from UCAS confirming my place. Does anyone know how long they roughly take to come?

Scroll to see replies

I got mine this morning, 6 days after I was accepted on results day. It was 2nd class, so that's probably why! Should come in the next few days I'd have thought. You'll still have plenty of time to get your student bank account sorted. Might they accept your university acceptance letter instead? Just a thought! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by carrotstar
I got mine this morning, 6 days after I was accepted on results day. It was 2nd class, so that's probably why! Should come in the next few days I'd have thought. You'll still have plenty of time to get your student bank account sorted. Might they accept your university acceptance letter instead? Just a thought! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh thanks for the reply! It might take longer for me then because I rejected my insurance to get a place through clearing..
Hmm that's a good idea, I don't actually have a letter from though, I have an email?
Original post by Psyc_Girl
Ahh thanks for the reply! It might take longer for me then because I rejected my insurance to get a place through clearing..
Hmm that's a good idea, I don't actually have a letter from though, I have an email?

I guess you could try printing off the email and taking it in with you. Depends how soon you need the account sorted!

Posted from TSR Mobile
My bank (Barclays) allowed me to log onto UCAS and show them my unconditional offer as proof for opening a student account, so you could try that too.
Reply 5
Original post by derpart544
My bank (Barclays) allowed me to log onto UCAS and show them my unconditional offer as proof for opening a student account, so you could try that too.

Dude everyone knows Barclays are the worst for student accounts. I have a normal debit card with them but i'm going to go Santander for my student account. Do some research into it :smile:
Original post by H4N
Dude everyone knows Barclays are the worst for student accounts. I have a normal debit card with them but i'm going to go Santander for my student account. Do some research into it :smile:

Exactly the same as me. I am currently waiting on my UCAS letter as my account cannot be opened until that has been handed into my local branch.
I got mine today in the post - offer went unconditional on results day - sure I read somewhere "about 5 days" but could be wrong - bank account now opened and ready to go!!
Reply 8
I wanted to open a student bank account and I can't until I get the letter from UCAS confirming my place. Does anyone know how long they roughly take to come?

I applied online for Santander and didn't need my AS12 letter :smile:
However, you can log onto UCAS Track and print off the letter from there to use!
Original post by H4N

See I have an account with both of them and I haven't really decided which one to use :s-smilie:
Reply 10
Original post by _Morsey_
Exactly the same as me. I am currently waiting on my UCAS letter as my account cannot be opened until that has been handed into my local branch.

I haven't got mine either!! How long do they usually take to come do you know?
Original post by H4N
I haven't got mine either!! How long do they usually take to come do you know?

I don't know, but i would like it to come sooner rather than later.
Reply 12
Original post by derpart544
See I have an account with both of them and I haven't really decided which one to use :s-smilie:

check this out
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/students/Student-bank-account
Reply 13
Original post by _Morsey_
I don't know, but i would like it to come sooner rather than later.

me too, what you studying and where? congrats on the offer.
Original post by H4N
me too, what you studying and where? congrats on the offer.

Aerospace Engineering at University of Sheffield (i really need that Santander railercard, it is 6 hours on the train :colondollar:)

You?
Reply 15
I still haven't got my letter through the post :confused:

When was your place confirmed?
Reply 17
Original post by SammyHam
When was your place confirmed?

15th August

Can you not view your confirmation letter on Track? I printed mine off there (because I wanted to open a student account and hadn't received it in the post) and took it into HSBC, they said it was fine :smile:

But my actual letter only came in the post yesterday/the day before so that was 9 or 10 days!
15th August

Like Harriet has said, I'd make sure you can view your confirmation letter on track. If you can see it, then I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Hope that helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending