The Student Room Group

Guys have you ever approached a girl ?

Hi guys and girls , i'm an 18 year old guy who has moved houses in London a few months earlier . I know literally no one here , I made a few friends at school but we don't really go out a lot and to top it off I'll be taking a gap year while they are off to uni.

I've been going out alot on my own this summer because I have no friends , been to pubs , bars , cinema etc I'm quite happy on my own but it can be uncomfortable when everyone else is in groups.

Anyway , sometimes I get these looks off girls but I never had the guts to approach one , I realise one shouldn't have to resort to talking to randoms if they have an active social life etc but as i've explained this isn't the case.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips or experiences to share for getting to know girls , not just with sexual intent obviously , but it would be nice to have friends this year.
Reply 1
If you notice them looking a few times, go over. Nothing to lose

Try Tinder aswell, I just use it for sex but you will meet people who would be interested in just friends
Ask yourself, do you really need a partner right now?
Original post by cole-sIaw
Approaching women is sexual harassment, don't do it.

How is it sexual harassment ? Thats like saying those people on behalf of charities or salesmen are doing sexual harassment in their jobs.

You don't seem to acknowledge some women actually want to be approached ? Chatting a girl up , whether that be in a pub , bar , club , or plethora of other scenarios has always been a way of getting to know a girl , they actually like it granted the guy is courteous and attractive . Rush Hour crush is a prime example of this , there are tons of requests ( most of which don't even make it in ) by people interested in strangers on their daily commute , of both sexes .

But social conditioning and people like you tell people to talk to strangers its dangerous .

I presume your more into internet dating and getting to know people behind a screen ?
On TSR girls approach you :rolleyes:
Women NEVER want to be approached, stop making excuses for your sexual harassment.

:rolleyes: stop deluding yourself , even on that other thread on a similar subject girls were saying they would be flattered granted its by an attractive pleasant guy . Its been part of social interaction for generations , you need to get a grip.

Its only in the UK you get knobheads like yourself , in other countries people are much less uptight.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys and girls , i'm an 18 year old guy who has moved houses in London a few months earlier . I know literally no one here , I made a few friends at school but we don't really go out a lot and to top it off I'll be taking a gap year while they are off to uni.

I've been going out alot on my own this summer because I have no friends , been to pubs , bars , cinema etc I'm quite happy on my own but it can be uncomfortable when everyone else is in groups.

Anyway , sometimes I get these looks off girls but I never had the guts to approach one , I realise one shouldn't have to resort to talking to randoms if they have an active social life etc but as i've explained this isn't the case.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips or experiences to share for getting to know girls , not just with sexual intent obviously , but it would be nice to have friends this year.

Awww bless.
Reply 7
I wouldn't go up to a guy, but I don't mind if a guy comes up to me :wink:
You're wrong, they've been brainwashed by the patriarchal society - traumatised like rape victims. They don't know any better. Any contact with women is harassment.

I'm convinced your trolling now

Gentleman : Excuse me miss , do you have the time ?

Woman : Back off , I have a rape alarm and pepper spray at the ready :mad:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ParadiseFound
:rolleyes: stop deluding yourself , even on that other thread on a similar subject girls were saying they would be flattered granted its by an attractive pleasant guy . Its been part of social interaction for generations , you need to get a grip.

Its only in the UK you get knobheads like yourself , in other countries people are much less uptight.

...still nibbling :biggrin:
Believing in an equal and fair society is not trolling. Unless you're twisted that is.

How the **** is simply wanting to talk to a girl unfair ? You don't seem to conceive some girls are happy to talk to a guy and receive attention ? Its always been part of the dating game that guys are expected to be confident and show interest when interested in a girl ... If girls approached guys too i'm sure they wouldn't be put under so much pressure like OP here.
Believing in an equal and fair society is not trolling. Unless you're twisted that is.

Please stop disrupting the thread with your incessant white knighting , your going to get it closed.

*lmao just realised its a dupe , i'm sure the original coleslaw would be just as ridiculous though
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ParadiseFound
Please stop disrupting the thread with your incessant white knighting , your going to get it closed.

*lmao just realised its a dupe , i'm sure the original coleslaw would be just as ridiculous though

I know right. LOL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending