The Student Room Group

Will she find out?

Right greetings to everyone. Me and my friend applied to the same university last year (will not disclose which one as I wish to be anonymous) and at first I was thrilled but then I realised I do not wish for her to attend the same university as myself, one I want to start again at university and wish to make new friends and she also has some ideological beliefs (she is a rather strident feminist) that while they are cute at A levels are rather childish and dare I say it even pathetic by the time one comes to university (as university you are supposed to be a more mature individual) and so throughout the year I quietly undermined her (it sounds worse than it is and I will not labour the methods I used to do it as that would be boring) so that she would not get the grades to get into the university. When our A level results came out I was thrilled to discover not only had I got into the university but amazingly my plan worked and she had not received the grades to meet her offer. When she inquired about the discrepancy between our marks, I told her that she must have had a harsher examiner. It appears that my excuse worked but what I hope TSR will tell me is will this reason hold until university begins and me and her move away from each other? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump.
Lol

Yeah your master plan will work.
She'll probably never find out but it was a pretty **** thing to do
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by bittr n swt
Lol

Yeah your master plan will work.

I am not pretending it is a master plan though if you are not being sarcastic thank you for the compliment :smile:. I am going to university to study but also to make friends and there is no one who is a crushing conversation bore quite like a feminist. I think it should work, after all some examiners are more stringent than others so it is not an elaborate or unbelievable excuse.
Reply 5
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Wow what a dickhead.

She'll probably never find out but it was a pretty **** thing to do

It was something that I had to do and so long as she believes it then it all will be great.
Reply 6
Peak. Although how u manipulated her to get lower grades I will never understand

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just don't believe.
Reply 8
Original post by 2en1
Peak. Although how u manipulated her to get lower grades I will never understand

Posted from TSR Mobile

It involved using subtle methods over a long periods of time. I would delve into them but that would most likely bore everyone and in the words of Chuck Palahniuk the author of Fight Club "we must never be boring".
Reply 9
Original post by Merlot-Onous
I just don't believe.

It took time and effort to lower her grades but if you do not believe then that is up to you. It may have just have been that she had a more stringent examiner in which case all the better. I really do not mind. :smile:
With friends like you who needs enemies. :unimpressed:
Original post by Reluctant Economist
With friends like you who needs enemies. :unimpressed:

Oh, I care for her and if she was ever in trouble I would want to help her out. However,I want to study and engage in interesting discussions at university and there is no place in these debates for the type of partisan feminism that she believes in and I could not allow her to compromise this. I hope that even if she knew she would understand why I did what I did, as she does not know then that is all the better.
Original post by TheThirdMan1
Oh, I care for her and if she was ever in trouble I would want to help her out. However,I want to study and engage in interesting discussions at university and there is no place in these debates for the type of partisan feminism that she believes in and I could not allow her to compromise this. I hope that even if she knew she would understand why I did what I did, as she does not know then that is all the better.

Clearly you don't. Otherwise you would have been a better friend. People don't always tend to hang out together at uni even if they were the best of friends at school. You grow up, change and move on. :rolleyes:
Clearly you don't. Otherwise you would have been a better friend. People don't always tend to hang out together at uni even if they were the best of friends at school. You grow up, change and move on. :rolleyes:

That is my point, I was hoping she would grow up and grow out of her frankly bigoted beliefs as in many ways she is otherwise a fantastic person however, sadly she has not and I am prepared to run through anyone and anything to make sure that I get what I desire from university, so I did what I had to do.
That is my point, I was hoping she would grow up and grow out of her frankly bigoted beliefs as in many ways she is otherwise a fantastic person however, sadly she has not and I am prepared to run through anyone and anything to make sure that I get what I desire from university, so I did what I had to do.

Hence why you aren't a true friend. Please explain to me why her views are so offensive...

Edit: Just realised you are probably a troll. Pretty bad at that. :rolleyes:
Reply 15
Well if she reads this post she will most likely work it out..

But you're a dick, you could have just called off the friendship and at least let her get the grades she evidently deserves more than you.
Hence why you aren't a true friend. Please explain to me why her views are so offensive...

Well it is very much about how oh "women have been mistreated" this and that etc. It is quite emotional whereas I prefer a much more measured and cerebral approach that is more rational. When you combine that with the fact that so much of contemporary feminism is little more than a racket, it becomes intolerable.
Original post by Ozzin
Well if she reads this post she will most likely work it out..

But you're a dick, you could have just called off the friendship and at least let her get the grades she evidently deserves more than you.

I do not believe that she uses TSR :biggrin:

Nope she does not the deserve the grades more than me as evident in the fact that I received higher ones than her. I consider her a friend but at that point she was an obstacles and needed to be removed.
Well it is very much about how oh "women have been mistreated" this and that etc. It is quite emotional whereas I prefer a much more measured and cerebral approach that is more rational. When you combine that with the fact that so much of contemporary feminism is little more than a racket, it becomes intolerable.

Fair dues but still doesn't make it right. Feminism, personally, is all about having the right to be your own person and not be judged for it. Plain and simple. Thinking logically I reckon you could have not affect her grades that dramatically. Did she at least get into uni?
Fair dues but still doesn't make it right. Feminism, personally, is all about having the right to be your own person and not be judged for it. Plain and simple. Thinking logically I reckon you could have not affect her grades that dramatically. Did she at least get into uni?

We must agree to disagree upon that as Feminism has become very self serving or at least many feminists are, e.g. vile people such as Germaine Greer. She did get into university there was quite a discrepancy between our grades but that could have just have been because of different examiners than anything else. Overall she is upset at not getting into the university she wanted to but it has not affected our relationship and I am sure that she will eventually get over it and move on.

Quick Reply