The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

non drinking freshers events

i have been looking at the freshers events for exeter university (penryn campus) and most seem to be drinking/clubbing events something i am no at all into, so i was wondering if there are any non drinking events?
Original post by tgwktm
i have been looking at the freshers events for exeter university (penryn campus) and most seem to be drinking/clubbing events something i am no at all into, so i was wondering if there are any non drinking events?

Hi I was also wondering this! I think I may attend the events but stick to soft drinks and leave a bit earlier if I feel uncomfortable :smile: I also requested a quiet flat, not because I'm unsociable, I'm actually quite chatty, I just value my sleep haha :biggrin:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by Rosawriter
Hi I was also wondering this! I think I may attend the events but stick to soft drinks and leave a bit earlier if I feel uncomfortable :smile: I also requested a quiet flat, not because I'm unsociable, I'm actually quite chatty, I just value my sleep haha :biggrin:

i am the same, but i will be living at home, since i'm only 10 miles away i can save money that way
Original post by tgwktm
i am the same, but i will be living at home, since i'm only 10 miles away i can save money that way

Oh yes good plan! :smile: I live a while away
Reply 4
Original post by Rosawriter
Oh yes good plan! :smile: I live a while away

what course are you doing? i'm doing BA/BSc Geography. i have lived in cornwall all my life so if you have any questions about cornwall i might be able to help
https://www.exeterguild.org/ents/eventlist/event_alc/

If you have a look on that page it's a list of all events that have been created on the Guilds calendar system throughout freshers week that have been tagged as non alcoholic. This doesn't mean that there won't be anybody drinking there, just that they are events where drinking is definitely not the focus and there won't be anybody encouraging you to drink or get drunk.

It's a very long list, but you might be able to find some things on there that interest you.

On a broader note, most of the societies will be running events in freshers week that are non-drinking and if you look on the link below and go to any societies that you are interested in then you will see on their page if they have scheduled any events yet.

https://www.exeterguild.org/doingthings/societies/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending