The Student Room Group

Pre-results day illness

I'm so nervous and anxious about results day that I physically feel ill and my stomach hurts so much and has caused me to need to frequently go to the toilet - not just to urinate :frown:
I noticed that this also happened to me on the mornings of all of my exams and is it normal I'm really worried.
Reply 1
Original post by KaylaB
I'm so nervous and anxious about results day that I physically feel ill and my stomach hurts so much and has caused me to need to frequently go to the toilet - not just to urinate :frown:
I noticed that this also happened to me on the mornings of all of my exams and is it normal I'm really worried.

Awwwww I hope you feel better! I've had a headache all day and I look an absolute state! Maybe you just have extreme anxiety over them? Maybe take a sleeping pill tonight so you can sleep? Otherwise log off here watch a movie or read a book. Goodluck and remember you did your best.
Reply 2
Have a lovely cup of tea and watch a movie.
Reply 3
Thanks I'm trying to I just feel terrible and I'm shaking so much. :frown:
Reply 4
I feel queasy and jitterish whenever I think of results day. Headaches as well as stomach upsets. I'm calling it Pre-exam result, stress induced nausea.
(edited 9 years ago)
Don't worry, 99% of times GCSEs are irrelevant.
Original post by KaylaB

I know you'll hate me saying this, but results aren't the be all and end all of your life.

Please relax, worrying won't make them any better or worse, but it will definitely make you feel worse!
Original post by AlphaNick
apart from of course where an A to A* defines whether you do further maths AS or not which could define whether you get into Oxbridge for physics

Good Luck for tomorrow Nick! I hope you get the grades you deserve! :smile::wink::biggrin:
Original post by KaylaB

So are you using TSR from the toilet? No jk. I experienced something similar with my exams but it's just how different people interact with the fear hormones. My advice, take some tablets or form of medication, it isn't anything serious judging by the circumstances, and place your bets on feeling better tomorrow after a good night sleep-good luck!
Thanks!! !you too!!!!!!!

I would think if you are capable of getting into oxbridge getting an A* in GCSE maths would be no problem for you. That being said, I have probably been wrong more times than right, and I don't wish for anyone to be put down/under achieve. Best of luck for tomorrow ^^
Reply 10
Good luck everyone for tomorrow... I had the same feeling last year as what you're probably all feeling now!
As hard as it sounds, just try not to worry about it until the morning- trying to get some sleep now probably isn't the worst thing either :smile:
why don't you read a book you like or watch telly programme there's plenty on tv at the moment.
apart from of course where an A to A* defines whether you do further maths AS or not which could define whether you get into Oxbridge for physics

What % of people go to Oxbridge again?
good lluck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oxford or Cambridge though? Physics at Cambridge is only offered by the NatSci course which is notoriously difficult to get into. I want to do physics at Oxbridge too but I'm aiming for the single Oxford physics course as I think it's less of a stretch for me and my gcses will most likely be better than my AS UMSs.. But we'll see :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest