The Student Room Group

Medicine Resit Applicants 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Dr. Django
I did! So ****ing happy right now :smile: Into Exeter, and this last year has been so so worth it!! How'd you get on?

Well done for getting in! :smile: Would u mind letting me know what ur extenuating circumstances were if thats not too personal? Thanks !
Original post by Dr. Django
I did! So ****ing happy right now :smile: Into Exeter, and this last year has been so so worth it!! How'd you get on?

Hey, congratulations on getting into Exeter! :smile: If you don't mind, can I ask what your Exeter offer was? I'm asking on behalf of a friend who unfortunately has had a really tough time in her personal life these past few years and despite numerous resits has only managed to get ACC with the A in a non-science subject and plans to give them one final go this year for a possible 2016 entry.

She's applying mostly to foundation courses but since Exeter has such a lenient resit policy (no stipulations of achieving AAB/ABB first time) I've told her it couldn't hurt to apply there as long as she really impresses her college teachers and gets them to predict her the grades.
Reply 142
Hi guys just came across this thread. I too have been successful in gaining a place to study medicine for 2015 entry (at Liverpool) having initially achieved AAB back in 2014. I want to let you all know that it is possible to get into medicine as a resit candidate. However it requires perseverance and optimism!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 143
hi im resitting some exams after getting A*BBC ...taking a fourth option was the biggest mistake of my life to date...but anyway, i'm worried about my lack of work experience. I have 2.5 weeks, 2 years volunteering in a charity shop, visiting care homes but im worried that its no where near enough...finding hca jobs is talking ageees and apply deadline is looming. any advice?
Original post by s.v
Hi guys just came across this thread. I too have been successful in gaining a place to study medicine for 2015 entry (at Liverpool) having initially achieved AAB back in 2014. I want to let you all know that it is possible to get into medicine as a resit candidate. However it requires perseverance and optimism!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there,
Congrats in gaining a place at Liverpool
I just wanted to know, did you have any extenuating circumstances when applying as a resitter? And did you have to turn your B into an A star or just an A?
Reply 145
I had some personal issues with my grandfather being ill all of a sudden so discussed and reflected about it in my personal statement.

The offer for Liverpool was AAA. However their resit requirement has changed in that you now need A* in whichever subject you are resitting. A few medical schools which consider resit applicants want A*AA grades. (Exeter, Plymouth, Liverpool) off the top of my head

Lancaster and Brighton is AAA though you have to take the bmat.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending