The Student Room Group

grade boundaries

I thought the Edexcel maths was really hard this year and so did a lot of others so I did think the grade boundaries would have gone down but they went up how can this be right
Original post by j1467
I thought the Edexcel maths was really hard this year and so did a lot of others so I did think the grade boundaries would have gone down but they went up how can this be right

This is how you know the Government are evil.
Original post by j1467

yes you are talking sense my friend but i think due to Michael Goves "hard exams and high grade boundaries" policy he made sure every exam board made their exams harder and increased their grade boundaries. I guess life is sure one unfair game.
The A* went down by 1 mark though to 164.
Yeah the boundary went down from 82.5% to 82% and i thought the maths exam was easy, js
Reply 5
Original post by WillWalker23
Yeah the boundary went down from 82.5% to 82% and i thought the maths exam was easy, js

good for you ...you are one of the minority of people on here that took the exam..some of us find maths hard and that paper was nothing like any papers I had practiced from previous years..it doesn't seem fair
Original post by j1467
good for you ...you are one of the minority of people on here that took the exam..some of us find maths hard and that paper was nothing like any papers I had practiced from previous years..it doesn't seem fair

I certainly found the paper hard and am sure I'll have to retake for the A*, but all my friends found it fine. We are in the minority, I think. Only in Year 10 so retaking is fine and all, but I'll just be so embarrassed tomorrow when I'm the only one who didn't get the A*.
Reply 7
Original post by LordDevaney
I certainly found the paper hard and am sure I'll have to retake for the A*, but all my friends found it fine. We are in the minority, I think. Only in Year 10 so retaking is fine and all, but I'll just be so embarrassed tomorrow when I'm the only one who didn't get the A*.

if you look back on the thread about the exam soon after it was taken..lots of people were saying how difficult it was
Maybe we did better than we think lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest