The Student Room Group

***Students can retake A levels to boost grades*** how to convince sixth form

hello everyone,

I missed out on my firm choice, and don't really want to go to my insurance... i know its a bit stupid asking and i already have a ruff idea of what im going to say but do you have any suggestions on what I say to the head of sixth form when i see him to ask her if I can retake?

Thank you
Reply 1
Say you need to in order to go to the uni and course that you want and that you know you will work hard enough to get it. If they say no, either get an angry parent in and/or keep pestering them until they let you. Works for me when I needed to persuade my school to do something.
Reply 2
Recognise the mistakes you made this year (didn't revise enough, didn't take it seriously enough, etc.) and tell them you now realise you need to change and how important have A Levels is to you. If you have a reason that made you miss lessons or be preoccupied, like a tough time at home or a mental illness, then they will be sympathetic.
Reply 3
hi guys, i went to school today and they gave me NO for an answer im really chuffed at the moment:angry:... should i go to a neighboring school that does the same exam boards and ask them???....
do you think it would be a good idea to tell them i didnt get ANY university choices? that way they will feel more empathy as I would spend a year out of education anyway

Quick Reply

Latest