The Student Room Group

which grade should I apply with my AS

I have got AAC, have I met equally the entry requirement of ABB or BBB? or has to be BBC?

thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
some universities accept grade equivalents so you may be able to apply to some ABB and BBB courses. The best thing to to would be to email the admissions officers for the courses you are interested in and ask if they would consider your application. Their email addresses can be found on the university websites. I'd also apply to at least one place asking for lower grades than you have just to be safe.
Original post by phandsome
I have got AAC, have I met equally the entry requirement of ABB or BBB? or has to be BBC?

thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If the offer is ABB or BBB, you are not meeting it by getting AAC. If the offer is based on UCAS points (i.e. an ABB equivalent) then you are.
Reply 3
that is bad.

Means I could not go to top 25 uk unis of computer Science.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You easily can. Even if your a2 predictions are aac. You can even apply to triple a uni's.
Remember you have five choices on your ucas form. I would apply to the following if i was you:
Triple A uni
AAB
ABB
BBB
BBC
You can apply to that many unis, trust me you will feel a whole lot worse if you did not apply then if you did and got rejected.
(edited 9 years ago)
This are your AS grades. You can easily apply to those unis even if your predicted grades are lower. Just work hard in your a2 year, many colleges do predict higher grades than what was achieved in the AS year depending on your performance at the start of the a2 year.
In summary, you can apply to unis that are up to 2 grades higher than your predicted as long as you have a killer personal statement and extra curriculars.
Reply 6
thanks for cheering up from you guys.

I was thinking for st.andews, uni of lancaster and glasgow, but my math is only C.

Can I still do that? Any different proposal?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got ABC at AS and A*AB overall (each subject went up a grade), my offers were AAB, I was predicted A*AA by teachers which is more what the unis base it off. Just apply to some high grade ones (AAA) and have some more realistic/backup choices & you'll be fine!
Reply 8
Original post by acciolucy
I got ABC at AS and A*AB overall (each subject went up a grade), my offers were AAB, I was predicted A*AA by teachers which is more what the unis base it off. Just apply to some high grade ones (AAA) and have some more realistic/backup choices & you'll be fine!

That is too ambitious for me. I will be satisfied if I got approval of AAB, my teacher seems too conservative for my ability, and I can not convince him!

they can only give me if I got 69, unluckily, I got 65 instead.

shammmmme ! I know,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by phandsome
thanks for cheering up from you guys.

I was thinking for st.andews, uni of lancaster and glasgow, but my math is only C.

Can I still do that? Any different proposal?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can get into Glasgow and Lancaster but St Andrews require a B in maths for all students. Also Lancaster accepts general studies if you do 3 other a levels. So if there offer is AAA, one of the A's can be general studies so long as you have 4 a levels in total.
Reply 10
Original post by dromedarynomad
You can get into Glasgow and Lancaster but St Andrews require a B in maths for all students. Also Lancaster accepts general studies if you do 3 other a levels. So if there offer is AAA, one of the A's can be general studies so long as you have 4 a levels in total.

Thanks for reply, but I am lost again.

I was told that I may predict one grade higher than my AS, means that I may predict my math from C (AS) to B (A2), but I understand that st. andrew will not accept my predicted B of my math?

So the question is coming back: predictable or not predictable.

Is it good idea that I call uni now to clarify that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
St Andrews requires ALL of their students to have a B in GCSE maths. Anyway its pointless to go their, all of their courses are 4 years instead of the usual 3. Stick to English unis.
Reply 12
Original post by dromedarynomad

My selected general studies and other are also poor.

hate me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending