The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

halls full!!advice

So even though I was promised halls they are all sold out, and one of the main things I wanted was the hall lifestyle! There is still brookside private but it doesn't look that nice and not sure how social it is! I've found a house that needs 5 people 100 a week end suite bar pool table etc. But I would hate to not get along with my housemates. I'm a real drinker raver. Any advice anyone in same boat as me?
Original post by Glub
So even though I was promised halls they are all sold out, and one of the main things I wanted was the hall lifestyle! There is still brookside private but it doesn't look that nice and not sure how social it is! I've found a house that needs 5 people 100 a week end suite bar pool table etc. But I would hate to not get along with my housemates. I'm a real drinker raver. Any advice anyone in same boat as me?

I've heard Brookside is quite nice!
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
I'm going to Brookside, it's not very far from the Uni, like a 15 min walk. It will be all first years.
Original post by PickwickianGeek
I'm going to Brookside, it's not very far from the Uni, like a 15 min walk. It will be all first years.

Not technically; second and third years have houses there :smile:
Original post by simplylldxo
Not technically; second and third years have houses there :smile:

True, my bad. The standard flats will all be first years. That's what I was told anyway.
Reply 5
The thing with the halls is to apply as early as possible, even if you aren't guaranteed a spot.
Original post by Tedster
The thing with the halls is to apply as early as possible, even if you aren't guaranteed a spot.

What happens if you didn't plan to go there but ended up going through clearing?
Reply 7
Original post by simplylldxo
What happens if you didn't plan to go there but ended up going through clearing?

Well that's a different story.
Reply 8
The same thing happened to me.
I looked for private housing and am now going into a house with 3 other people :smile:.
You can also get on the waiting list for halls because some people cancel.
I got a call for halls the day I sorted out my other housing so declined it in the end.
Hope it all sorts out ok for you! x
Reply 9
Till have nowhere to live am starting to panic and have been away!
Reply 10
Ring accommodation ask them to put you on a waiting list and stress that you have nowhere to live.
Then check on the private halls (I think it's called brookside) and see what they can do.
Also on the accommodation page on derbys site they have a list of approved private accommodation, look at a lot of them and start ringing around.
Hopefully you can find something quick :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending