The Student Room Group

The Nazi Impact upon Fashion.

While often worn ironically today, there is no doubt that the Nazi's had a huge impact on fashion. After all they may have done wicked deeds but some of the uniforms were exceptionally well designed particularly the SS uniform and it is strange that such a reprehensible regime designed so much better fashion than the vile crap that constitutes most "fashion" today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_chic

http://listverse.com/2011/01/31/top-10-things-the-nazis-got-right/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump.
they were aesthetic as **** lettuce be real tea, brb ss cut alpha as **** u know all the sloots can't help but mire

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
It's a damn shame they had to kill all the Jews and start a war, I could do with them making my clothes.
Reply 4
Once you overlook the few hundred million deaths, they were pretty nice people :')
Reply 5
Original post by SiJ0NES
Once you overlook the few hundred million deaths, they were pretty nice people :')

Yeah they liked animals and didnt screw any one other than their wives which is a start.
Reply 6
Original post by DErasmus
It's a damn shame they had to kill all the Jews and start a war, I could do with them making my clothes.

Here is the good news you can. Just contact Hugo Boss.
Reply 7
Original post by TheThirdMan1
Here is the good news you can. Just contact Hugo Boss.

I actually am going to.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
The founder,(of) Hugo Boss had business affiliations with Adolf Hitler during WW2. Albeit that doesn't mean to say he was too a Nazi. My dear, the style of garment is never defined by who wore it, It is defined by who created it.

Reply 9
Original post by SiJ0NES

With the exception of the anti semitism, they had many good policies. No chav scum in Nazi Germany for instance.
Now you mention it, them ISIS uniforms look pretty good too.
Original post by TheThirdMan1
With the exception of the anti semitism, they had many good policies. No chav scum in Nazi Germany for instance.

Exactly. Minus the murder and the hatred of minorities, they are the model government.
Original post by shahbaz
Now you mention it, them ISIS uniforms look pretty good too.

No, they are unsightly. However, their flags have a certain style.
Original post by Truths
The founder,(of) Hugo Boss had business affiliations with Adolf Hitler during WW2. Albeit that doesn't mean to say he was too a Nazi. My dear, the style of garment is never defined by who wore it, It is defined by who created it.

Hugo Boss's affiliations with The Nazi's are well known so you have contributed nothing new. Hugo Boss did have at the least Nazi sympathies and joined the party as well at a time when doing so was not compulsory, however, the majority of the population shared similar views in Germany especially after 1929 so Hugo Boss is not particularly at fault. As for the part in bold, that is a particularly stupid thing to say as when the uniforms were created they were specifically tailored for The Nazi's thus the wearer was fundamental to the garment.
It is hard to say what people are conditioned into first: sex or fashion.
Have you ever tried to goose step in skinny jeans?
Reply 16
The Hitler youth haircut is everywhere.
Reply 17
they did absolutely dreadful inexcusable things and I am by no means defending them but they did have cool uniforms
Reply 18
Boardwalk Empire fashion is the bomb too.
Actually that haircut was popular in ancient britain

Julius Caesar on Britain

"They do not cut their hair but shave all the rest of the body except the head and upper lip. Wives are shared between groups of ten or twelve men, usually made up of brothers or fathers and sons. The children are reckoned as belonging to the man each girl marries first."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending