The Student Room Group

Muslims - What are your view on Isis?

Just personally want to know,

it seems many of my Muslims friends have turned a blind eye. When it comes to Gaza every muslim on facebook has an opinion, but when it comes to Isis.. I hear nothing...

Where are the widespread protests condemning these terrorists?
Where are the protests and vocal support for the Yazidi minorities?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by lilyobz
Just personally want to know,

it seems many of my Muslims friends have turned a blind eye. When it comes to Gaza every muslim on facebook has an opinion, but when it comes to Isis.. I hear nothing...

Where are the widespread protests condemning these terrorists?
Where are the protests and vocal support for the Yazidi minorities?

the kurds protested by the way they are muslim. what ive found is most muslims i know (some did and were totally against) didnt even know isis existed its not that they dont care its that they dont even know they exist. there is vocal support gigantic vocal support for the yezidis look at arab media they are comparing isis to genghis khan and his armies. i was amazed how cruel these filth are its haram in islam to torture and slaughter innocent people in the middle of a war they base most of their manhaj on emotion and rage.

also nice propfile pic i thought i was the only one that knew shaman king existed.
Reply 2
Original post by Ganhad
the kurds protested by the way they are muslim. what ive found is most muslims i know (some did and were totally against) didnt even know isis existed its not that they dont care its that they dont even know they exist. there is vocal support gigantic vocal support for the yezidis look at arab media they are comparing isis to genghis khan and his armies. i was amazed how cruel these filth are its haram in islam to torture and slaughter innocent people in the middle of a war they base most of their manhaj on emotion and rage.

also nice propfile pic i thought i was the only one that knew shaman king existed.

104 views yet only 1 reply.... and yes im a huge Shaman King fan xd
They are animals. Every Muslim I know is against it, including me. They kill everyone including Muslims.

Again, ive commented on a similar topic before but why do we need to publicly protest against a known terrorist organisation? Just because we share a religion? :rolleyes: They do not speak for us.
Reply 4
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
**** out here with this bull****, why are Muslims somehow accountable for the actions of other "Muslims"? ISIS are pretty much universally despised. The biggest difference between ISIS and Israel is that Israel has the support of hundreds of millions of people plus most governments, it's a ****ing established state. The reason why Muslims cry/talk more about Gaza than ISIS is because when ISIS does something ****ed up, the whole world pretty much goes "it's ****ed up" and responds see US military action right now. But, who responded to Gaza? No one. There's no big divide when it comes to ISIS, 99% of people are in agreement therefore no need to talk about it, especially when action is being taken.

no need to get mad, firstly i didn't say Muslims were accountable for their actions, but for an organisations that claims to be fighting in a name of Allah your God; a little defence of your faith would go amiss...

secondly, Who responded to Gaza? With everything the UN is doing and Egpyt striving for ceasefires, how dare u say the world has abandoned them...
Reply 5
lol swearing doesn't equal mad and I'm an atheist. I don't see Christians running around to denounce the KKK. Why? 'Cause they don't really view them as proper Christians. Same with ISIS, no one who goes around killing indiscriminately can really be viewed as much of a Muslim. Muslims have defended their faith tons of times, **** probably gets tiring when you constantly have to defend your faith.

And lol pseudo-diplomacy that doesn't resolve **** and always ends up in the same place.

Are you saying they didn't when the KKK was actually a thing?
Even then they didn't get political control over the area Islamic State has.
Reply 6
I agree with OP.

Why protest against the killing of Palestenians but not the killing of everyone else in the Middle East?
Reply 7
lol swearing doesn't equal mad and I'm an atheist. I don't see Christians running around to denounce the KKK. Why? 'Cause they don't really view them as proper Christians. Same with ISIS, no one who goes around killing indiscriminately can really be viewed as much of a Muslim. Muslims have defended their faith tons of times, **** probably gets tiring when you constantly have to defend your faith.

And lol pseudo-diplomacy that doesn't resolve **** and always ends up in the same place.

okay firstly the KKK in these days are nothing more than a joke, they aren't carving out a Caliphate in iraq and murdering all who aren't Muslim, that's a rather trivial comparison and you know it,
Reply 8
Original post by SophiaLDN
They are animals. Every Muslim I know is against it, including me. They kill everyone including Muslims.

Again, ive commented on a similar topic before but why do we need to publicly protest against a known terrorist organisation? Just because we share a religion? :rolleyes: They do not speak for us.

Hamas is a known terrorist organisation too.
Original post by lilyobz
Hamas is a known terrorist organisation too.

Whilst with ISIS you know that they're brutal, with Hamas, I feel that its a response to our foreign policy. Ofc Hamas are pretty brutal today but I don't know any one who would disagree with the founder of Hamas - See:

http://youtu.be/YF7BmxVUGgA
Reply 10
Why didn't the Jews stand up against the killing of 1400+ innocent people in Gaza?

The answer is the same. Jews don't have to go defending themselves just because of what Israel is doing. They are not Israel, they are common Jews.

Muslims do not have to defend themselves for what ISIS is doing. It is well known that ISIS is a deviant and super-extremist version of Islam which the vast majority of Muslims around the world don't subscribe to.
Reply 11
Original post by Kibb
Why didn't the Jews stand up against the killing of 1400+ innocent people in Gaza?

The answer is the same. Jews don't have to go defending themselves just because of what Israel is doing. They are not Israel, they are common Jews.

Muslims do not have to defend themselves for what ISIS is doing. It is well known that ISIS is a deviant and super-extremist version of Islam which the vast majority of Muslims around the world don't subscribe to.

When someone makes an Illustration of Mohammed you are quick to condemn them, but when someone kills and slaughters in the name of your god suddenly you don't have to defend yourselves?
Reply 12
ISIS have huge support amongst Muslims. You only have to look at social media.

They have an endless stream of volunteers with last month seeing a record 6,000 joining.
Original post by lilyobz
When someone makes an Illustration of Mohammed you are quick to condemn them, but when someone kills and slaughters in the name of your god suddenly you don't have to defend yourselves?

I've noticed this trend amongst people on TSR. You feel that not drawing the prophet somehow goes against your freedom. Why would you want to if you knew it would cause so much distress and you gained nothing apart from wing a successful troll?
Reply 14
Original post by PaulPaulPaul
I've noticed this trend amongst people on TSR. You feel that not drawing the prophet somehow goes against your freedom. Why would you want to if you knew it would cause so much distress and you gained nothing apart from wing a successful troll?

this isnt about drawing the prophet (which i find disrespectful anyways), lets keep the focus on Isis, thanks.
**** out here with this bull****, why are Muslims somehow accountable for the actions of other "Muslims"? ISIS are pretty much universally despised. The biggest difference between ISIS and Israel is that Israel has the support of hundreds of millions of people plus most governments, it's a ****ing established state. The reason why Muslims cry/talk more about Gaza than ISIS is because when ISIS does something ****ed up, the whole world pretty much goes "it's ****ed up" and responds see US military action right now. But, who responded to Gaza? No one. There's no big divide when it comes to ISIS, 99% of people are in agreement therefore no need to talk about it, especially when action is being taken.

Hamas and ISIS are two sides of the same coin. The sooner they are both eradicated from the earth the better
I am a Muslim and to see Isis execution of an innocent is deeply upsetting. THIS ISNT ISLAM. Islam is a very peaceful, logical and civilised religion. 99.9% of Muslims are peaceful and good. The small percentage that do this believe they are doing the right thing and using god as a platform to invite others.

In Islam it says that killing one innocent person is like killing the whole of humanity.

I am not the best Muslim I have been brought up in London all my life but you have to ask yourself WHY ARE THESE SMALL % OF MUSLIMS DOING THIS??? Look at what the US and UK have done in the last few decades. But this isn't shown in the media.

Anyway Islam is peaceful and I hope the people of UK understand that's it's a very small minority that doing this.
Reply 17
I think if they want to go over there and seize power, let them. I literally couldn't care.
Reply 18
Original post by Scott.
I think if they want to go over there and seize power, let them. I literally couldn't care.

I felt the same way until i saw what they did to the Yazidi minority, clearly it isnt all about land but ethnic cleansing also..
Reply 19
Original post by lilyobz
When someone makes an Illustration of Mohammed you are quick to condemn them,

Of course I condemn them, because its islamaphobic. Drawing images of the prophet is something that would hurt Muslims (because that's our religion) and hence its an act of racism. I would directly condemn them and protest against them.

Original post by lilyobz
but when someone kills and slaughters in the name of your god suddenly you don't have to defend yourselves?

I don't have to defend Islam in front of non-Muslims. I don't represent ISIS nor do I sympathize them and hence I have nothing to defend or explain to YOU.

I do however have to blast them (the ISIS) for abusing Islam. I have to protest against THEM, not explain to the non-Muslims.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest