The Student Room Group

Do people usually cook on the first night?

Or do people go out to eat/order takeaways for the first few days?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ddtown
Or do people go out to eat/order takeaways for the first few days?

I imagine takeaway especially as it'll be the first night of Freshers; you'll get some people who will cook though :smile:
Reply 2
Nope, we all ordered dominos for dinner and got ready for our first night out together. :biggrin:
Reply 3
I cooked on the first night, but I didn't see many others doing the same.
Reply 4
I would personally cook on the first night, tons of campus reps like to stand around giving out flyers for free pizzas and I be like ***** please, I go the gym everyday you can't do this crap to me, son.
Reply 5
Original post by Ruffiio
I would personally cook on the first night, tons of campus reps like to stand around giving out flyers for free pizzas and I be like ***** please, I go the gym everyday you can't do this crap to me, son.

One cheeky pizza won't hurt you!
i cooked, but thats just me. depends on who you are and what your style is really. an odd take out isnt a problem in freshers week, just bad for your budget if it becomes a habit. :P
We had a free dominos pizza in Manchester so everyone just ate that...
Nah, the first night of freshers is all about going out on an empty stomach and throwing up pure vodka as a result!

(just take some snacks up with you :wink: )
In my flat we all cooked ready meals the first night.
I think on my first night I went and bought a subway *there was one literally round the corner* and promptly vommed it back up in the sink :L

idk, I think most people either cook something super easy like soup or get some form of takeaway.
Reply 11
So what food do you own on the first move in day?
Original post by Alumna
So what food do you own on the first move in day?

The same food you own the rest of the year.
Reply 13
Original post by Ruffiio
The same food you own the rest of the year.

Oh i t5hought since noone eats homemade stuff on the first night, they are too lazy to shop that week :s-smilie:
Original post by Alumna
Oh i t5hought since noone eats homemade stuff on the first night, they are too lazy to shop that week :s-smilie:

We're humans not The Borg.
I'll have to cook as I've got allergies but I know my brother will be having take out
We didn't cook, we were given free pizza at an introduction talk thing and then everyone had brought cake and stuff so we sat around eating that. Really healthy :wink:
Original post by kate113855
Nah, the first night of freshers is all about going out on an empty stomach and throwing up pure vodka as a result!

(just take some snacks up with you :wink: )

Kate that is disgusting... add some cranberry juice then throw up it gives a nice reddy warm colour which makes u feel better when you're throwing up in the sink :smile:
Original post by chemistrykid123
Kate that is disgusting... add some cranberry juice then throw up it gives a nice reddy warm colour which makes u feel better when you're throwing up in the sink :smile:

Omg vodka and cranberry is the worst thing I've ever tasted! Vodka and red Relentless is really nice :-))))
I've gone to an indian restaurant but my husband ordered Domino's on his first night

Edit: on the second day, we had Domino's pizza since we got free ones from freshers fayre

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest