The Student Room Group
lol omg we have the excate same problem, i got bccd too haha, but dont worry about this problem,
im applying physics in a few london unis, 1 of em is kings, and last year, they had 70 places for physics students, 320 applications, and 300 got an offer. uni make more offers because sum get better grades at the end of A2 and some reject them and go to another uni.

1 thing ive read about on this forum is that u have to have a not average but a very good personal statement to stand a chance, i'll prolly spend 1 hour a day now on my personal statement. and also suck up to ur teachers this year (A2) cos if they give u say like 1 more grade than uve acheived, u got bccd, they predict u abbc, u drop the subject that u got c in, and u stand a pretty good chance.

are u doing retakes nxt year? which subject u dropping?
Reply 2
Youve put my mind a rest slightly, im droppin the D but gonna retake it to get a B. Yes im doing some retakes, and absolutly whoring myself with my personal statement. im confident to get AAB
Reply 3
With the exception of maybe oxbridge I don't think you will get turned away just because of your AS grades. Your predicted grades for the whole A level, personal statement and for some places interview are actually more important in influencing the university's decision on whether or not to make you an offer. You can also decide not to put your AS grades on your ucas application and instead put them as pending which implies you are retaking some modules to improve them. As long as you are doing your retakes alongside your A2's, universities don't mind this. Don't worry, just make sure your application is fairly good and I'm sure you will get offers.
i got
b - maths
c - phy
c - chem
d - bio

im dropping chem because i dnt like it and plus i dnt wana do resit in it, i rather do resit in biology and get it up to a D. it sounds wierd at 1st, but if u think about wat im doing it actually makes sum sense. all im saying is drop which subject u dnt like, dont drop the subject that u got the lowest in, because if u dont like a subject, u study it, u'll find it much harder to learn, if u like a subject , u study it, and u'll find it 'fun' to learn and easy to take it in thus easier high grade.

1 more thing thou most uni dnt mind about ur AS grade, you sud check with the course ur doing 1st on wat they want from u in AS, cos in UCL, i need a BBB - AAB for physics, however they only require an E in AS which im alrite with my chem. so check and look around.

sorry bout the long post
Reply 5
ou can also decide not to put your AS grades on your ucas application and instead put them as pending which implies you are retaking some modules to improve them. As long as you are doing your retakes alongside your A2's, universities don't mind this. Don't worry, just make sure your application is fairly good and I'm sure you will get offers.

But i think i do module 4s in January, thought everyone did, does this mean subject i retake i cant say pending?
Reply 6
You can put your AS grades as pending as long as you haven't had them cashed in because cashed in grades are automatically sent to your university choices by ucas. Whether or not you are doing module A2 modues in january doesn't affect whether or not you have to put your grades up, although universities will see all your grades in june of course, by which time you will have top grades. :wink:
As long as you can get your teachers to predict you ABB, that combined with an excellent personal statement and reference should be enough to get offers. You could also decline your AS grades and just have them as 'pending' if you want.

Latest

Trending

Trending