The Student Room Group

I'm an idiot - Sods law

Im picky when it comes to girls. I just am. It doesn't even matter how good looking they are (to an extent) as long as they have a perfect personality (and no-ones perfect)

So this girl I work with...4 years older than me. Working holiday over here this summer (from Poland). Language barrier at first but her English is good now. Anyway I joked with a couple of lads at work that I liked her but you know...you don't expect it to go anywhere.

We flirted a little bit, only as you do with everyone else and I told her she was in love with me, and she told me 'You are too young for me' to which I told her, 'Nah, I'm just too good looking for you' :wink:

Anyway, party at a work friends house the other night and she is getting close and we end up kissing when we are down the road waiting for a taxi.

And what a kiss - Guys, trust me. The older birds...bloody hell.

And I have so fallen for her. When you get on with someone so well, like everything about them that you look at them and just think they are beautiful.

And she likes me. We're going out tommorow.

Problem is - She goes back to Poland in 8 days time now.

Me - Mr. Picky. Find's fault with most girls. FINALLY finds a girl he likes, and shes the one who is leaving the country until next summer :rolleyes:

Sods law eh? :cool:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes, unlucky mate. :/
Reply 2
poor baby :frown:
Tough luck, trouble with holiday romances unfortunatly.
Reply 4
Carl1982
Tough luck, trouble with holiday romances unfortunatly.

But usually with them, at least you have the sun.

We're getting p*ssed on up here :rolleyes:
Damn, that's an annoying situation. Still, I suppose at least it's better than totally falling for someone who doesn't like you back.
Reply 6
by the way, just a thought here, but maybe you only liked her so much because you knew she was leaving so you werent your usual picky self?

annnyways plenty more nuggets in a kfc popcorn chicken box....well until you get about half-way and you start slowing down..
Reply 7
Mangaroo

annnyways plenty more nuggets in a kfc popcorn chicken box....well until you get about half-way and you start slowing down..

Ironic that I work at McDonalds? :wink:

The moneys good, the hours are great and flexible, and theres a million different jobs to do. Love it. :biggrin:
Reply 8
Nick R
Ironic that I work at McDonalds? :wink:

The moneys good, the hours are great and flexible, and theres a million different jobs to do. Love it. :biggrin:

heh a little ironic if it were true that shes the only one you'll like, although its more sad. (the pathetic kind :P) sorry ^__`
Reply 9
Mangaroo
heh a little ironic if it were true that shes the only one you'll like, although its more sad. (the pathetic kind :P) sorry ^__`

:eek:

:wink:
Awww poor you. Teach you not to be so picky in future.
ouch that bites harsh

though i do agree about the older woman
Reply 12
Man, that's tough. Well, a friend of mine met his wife in a club in Poland. He lives in Canada and the woman lives in Poland. Each year, one flies over to meet the other during the summer and keep in touch over the internet when they're apart.

Just this summer, they got married and it's almost 7 years since they met at the club. So I hope it works out for you. Good luck! :smile:
I hate Sod and his Law.
Reply 14
There is science behind the law of the sod. The reason she probably fell for you now is she new she was going back to Poland. She may have just wanted a bit of harmless fun before going back.

That may sound harsh but it would be an explanation.

There is always these problems in love, it stinks but its better to have loved and lost than to never have loved.
Reply 15
I always seem to meet people at the end of term & then there is no time to properly get to know them & by the time you get back things are different. My timing is awful! But I do agree with the above post that I often meet people then cos thats when I'm out more & looking for fun, not worrying about work etc.

However this time is different, I met a guy at home & he's going to a uni hours away from mine. I wasn't looking to meet someone precisely cos I didn't want to start anything just before going back to uni. Tis very annoying cos I like him but pretty sure nothing will happen.

I'm going to start living it up at the beginning of each term now!
Aw mate, feel so bad for you
similiar thing happend to me, altho i was way 2 picky, and kinda went off her as she got to like me, regret it now, coz after i told hher i dont like her that way just realised just how incredibly fit she is :<
AT82
There is always these problems in love, it stinks but its better to have loved and lost than to never have loved.

Bah, sez who?
Reply 19
matt@internet
I hate Sod and his Law.

Yeah, sod him.

matt@internet
Bah, sez who?

I agree.

Latest

Trending

Trending