The Student Room Group

Faild All AS Levels

My friend got u in all four AS subjects (math, chemistry, biology and psychology). These results are puzzling and were not expected even by the school, as he got As and Bs in all mock exas throughout the year. This was probably caused by his relative who was diagnosed with cancer recently, came to live at his house during the exams period, which affected him emotionally.
He met a tutor at the college who told him he needs to resit the AS year, but he cannot take any science or math subject and that he should do Btec. My friend is devastated as he would like to do the same subjects and believes he could do well. Currently, he is very upset and I don't know what to suggest. Can you please help?
(edited 9 years ago)
Why can't he take any science subjects? Course he can..what bull**** lol, I did the exact same thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Reeman
My friend got u in all four AS subjects (math, chemistry, biology and psychology). These results are puzzling and were not expected even by the school, as he got As and Bs in all mock exas throughout the year. This was probably caused by his relative who was diagnosed with cancer recently, came to live at his house during the exams period, which affected him emotionally.
He met a tutor at the college who told him he needs to resit the AS year, but he cannot take any science or math subject and that he should do Btec. My friend is devastated as he would like to do the same subjects and believes he could do well. Currently, he is very upset and I don't know what to suggest. Can you please help?

In my opinion the best thing for him would be to resit the whole year taking the same subjects. That why he has a higher chance of getting top grades and relieved of doing lots of exams in june. The down side is he would loose a who loose a year. But success does not come without sacrifice. If the school doesn't let him re sit the year there, then he can try another school. This is my personal and honest opinion.

I wish him lots of luck !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by TeenReem
In my opinion the best thing for him would be to resit the whole year taking the same subjects. That why he has a higher chance of getting top grades and relieved of doing lots of exams in june. The down side is he would loose a who loose a year. But success does not come without sacrifice. If the school doesn't let him re sit the year there, then he can try another school. This is my personal and honest opinion.

I wish him lots of luck !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, He will apply for another school, but the tutor said this is the new government policy. He will not allowed to re-sit again doing the subjects he faild. He said his circumstances don't matter! He kept saying I know it is unfair! That's why we don't know what to do.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Darab_1496
Why can't he take any science subjects? Course he can..what bull**** lol, I did the exact same thing

Posted from TSR Mobile

new rules.

Quick Reply

Latest