The Student Room Group

Is it possible to pass theory test with just a weeks revision?

Title says it all
Original post by StyleIcon
Title says it all

Yes - most of it is common sense. Know your stopping distances etc. There are lots of websites offering practice tests - but get the highway code (obviously) and read cover to cover - if you have been learning for a while it should then be easy
Yes I did 3weeks if intensive revision on my computer and a book and passes don't remember the scores though
yes, i did it in a week and passed first time. its not too challenging.
Reply 4
Take a day to read the highway code in a day (it's rubbish but useful) and then do as many mock tests as you can do. Read over the ones you get wrong, and then take a few practices of hazard perception- that'll be enough :smile:
Yes and prepare for weird and random questions that you may never need to know again.
Yeah, I only took about 2/3 days to do it, its easy enough. I just used two apps on my phone and on my macbook and that was enough.
Reply 7
Original post by S_Adriaan
Yeah, I only took about 2/3 days to do it, its easy enough. I just used two apps on my phone and on my macbook and that was enough.

Can you please tell me what the apps are called? 💕
I did about 5 days revision and got 49/50, did about an hour a day probably, just using the app on my phone whenever I was free, on the train etc.

Could probably learn it all in a day or two without much trouble.

I used this app (on android).
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.focusmm.dts_theory&hl=en

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/theory-test-uk-driving-test/id609636705?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D2
Can you please tell me what the apps are called? ������

I used the AA one, and the paid version of 'driving theory test and hazard perception' and there's an official DVLA one too.
I did my theory today and passed. Revised for about 3-4 days so it's possible :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by InadequateJusticex
I did my theory today and passed. Revised for about 3-4 days so it's possible :smile:

Thanks! I'm going to try to do mine ASAP
Wait, why did people revise so much? I just used a website online the night before, did some practice tests and a few hazard perceptions and passed no problem.
Reply 13
Original post by Solivagant
Wait, why did people revise so much? I just used a website online the night before, did some practice tests and a few hazard perceptions and passed no problem.

Lool you're getting me happy! Is it really that easy?
Lool you're getting me happy! Is it really that easy?

Yeah. I paid like £7 to use the "Theorytestpro" website, didn't buy any books, and I think I got 44/50, and 64/75, so passed comfortably.

And I knew nothing before.
Yeah. I paid like £7 to use the "Theorytestpro" website, didn't buy any books, and I think I got 44/50, and 64/75, so passed comfortably.

And I knew nothing before.

You didn't buy the books because you had the website. The book has all the DSA questions and so did the website, so in essence it was like buying the electronic version of the book. Besides, you had to pay £7, I didn't :wink:

I was the same. That being said, I think I must have been lucky with the questions, as anyone with a modicum of common sense would have passed.
You didn't buy the books because you had the website. The book has all the DSA questions and so did the website, so in essence it was like buying the electronic version of the book. Besides, you had to pay £7, I didn't :wink:

The book doesn't have hazard perceptions.
The book doesn't have hazard perceptions.

You can get the CD which has both the questions and hazard perception clips
You can get the CD which has both the questions and hazard perception clips

Yeah, you can. I'm not denying that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending