The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Rach:)
Cuths freshers should be getting parents, however I'm not sure at the moment as last I heard they didn't have enough people willing to be parents :frown:. If it doesn't go ahead I'll adopt all the TSR Cuth's freshers! :biggrin:

Hooray!:smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 41
aawww, i just got out my letter from my mum, can't believe it was almost a year ago!
mine's dated 13th September so I still have a week before I get my kid, I'm getting brody too, want it now! I hope its a he, and he's hot and taken a gap year (damn shallowness!)
Reply 42
Rach:)
Cuths freshers should be getting parents, however I'm not sure at the moment as last I heard they didn't have enough people willing to be parents :frown:. If it doesn't go ahead I'll adopt all the TSR Cuth's freshers! :biggrin:

Oh no! :frown:

Thank goodness for Rach :biggrin:
Reply 43
Butler are definitely doing the college parent system, though whether or not they'll write to me remains to be seen. I think it'll probably be one or two parents per flat as opposed to one each. There are 200+ freshers and I think only 70 or 80 transferees. Still, I'm very excited. :biggrin:
Hild Bedies don't get letters or anything, they just meet each other at a barbecue, get to know each other, then we have a massive bop/party thing and then its up the parents - probably first to a house party where kiddies meet their uncles and aunties, and step parents etc, then depending on the party either stay there all night or onwards to Studio et al
Reply 45
I am very sad, everyone seems to have children already and I hear that all the emails have been sent out to parents...and I am childless. I thought all second years got a child, and i had my letter all planned out. I am very sad indeed. x
Reply 46
_bec_
Oh no! :frown:

Thank goodness for Rach :biggrin:

I thought you meant Oh no I was going to adopt you! :eek: I was going to be very hurt..

...but then I read the next sentence lol :rolleyes:

Will let you all know about parenting when I find out anything!
Reply 47
ill be jagey's child, but only if your a girl and you're attractive or can play drums/bass/sing or have a car

not much to ask..
goldenbarnes
Hild Bedies don't get letters or anything, they just meet each other at a barbecue, get to know each other, then we have a massive bop/party thing and then its up the parents - probably first to a house party where kiddies meet their uncles and aunties, and step parents etc, then depending on the party either stay there all night or onwards to Studio et al

oo sounds niice:smile:
Reply 49
Have any children got letters from their parents?
Reply 50
i did a u turn and decided to be a parent as they didnt have enough economicsts and i sent my letter to our welfare officer yday... all very exciting! everyone in my house is a parent so we're gonna have a partay i reckons for all our freshers and their friends :biggrin:
Reply 51
ssmoose
Have any children got letters from their parents?

Nope :frown:

Just lots of forms from Durham asking me how I'm going to pay my tuition fees :mad:
_bec_
Nope :frown:

Just lots of forms from Durham asking me how I'm going to pay my tuition fees :mad:

Have you got the form they send addressed to you at your home, asking for your name and address yet?:mad: WHY?!?!
Woohoo I have an official child!! I shall be writing to her very soon! xxx
Reply 54
Kingers
ill be jagey's child, but only if your a girl and you're attractive or can play drums/bass/sing or have a car

not much to ask..

i am female but i'm afraid i have no musical talent whatsoever. i do have a car though. useful for visiting tesco for snackage.
Reply 55
Ooo I wonder if anyone will be a parent to one of the people I know going to Durham this year... Who's in HildBede again?
paddylad
Ooo I wonder if anyone will be a parent to one of the people I know going to Durham this year... Who's in HildBede again?

meeeeee
Aceofspades2345
Have you got the form they send addressed to you at your home, asking for your name and address yet?:mad: WHY?!?!

hahaha, never thought of that.
Reply 58
MasterBlaster
meeeeee

I know two girls off to Durham from my school! Both blond, both really nice! One (possibly both) is doing Psychology.
And yes they are goodlooking:rolleyes::p:
-sarah-
aawww, i just got out my letter from my mum, can't believe it was almost a year ago!
mine's dated 13th September so I still have a week before I get my kid, I'm getting brody too, want it now! I hope its a he, and he's hot and taken a gap year (damn shallowness!)

Collingwood do the parent thing don't they?I hope my 'dad' is really hot!Haha.That sounds wrong.Hmm.

It's weird to think that most 2nd years will be younger than me though.:confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending