The Student Room Group

Are my grades okay?:/

I have mixed feelings about my results.
4A* English Lit, Rs, Art, History
3A ICT, Biology, Geography
5B Maths, Physics, French, Chemistry, English Lang

I got more A*'s than expected but more B's as well :/
I'm beyond happy about the A*s and A's but not so much about the B's.
The annoying thing is is that I was only a few marks of an A in all the B's I got and only 1 mark of an A in chemistry!! Maybe that's why I'm so upset. I think I will get the chemistry checked out.
I just wanted to know if these results are good because I feel so disappointed in myself.
Please don't reply with mean things.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes they are great, nice one.
Original post by Amii567

The annoying thing is is that I was only a few marks of an A in all the B's I got and only 1 mark of an A in chemistry!! Maybe that's why I'm so upset. I think I will get the chemistry checked out.
I just wanted to know if these results are good because I feel so disappointed in myself.

Your grades are excellent! Celebrate, be proud of yourself :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amii567

Your grades are amazing! Four a stars is outstanding especially in history and art!
Reply 4
Your grades are amazing! Well done and go celebrate :smile:
I got

Additional Science: A
Core Science: A
Economics: A
French: A
History: A
English lang: A
English lit: A
Maths: A
ICT : B
Art: A*

Tbh im not pleased with my results...i kind of expected more A*'s especially in english history and maths because those are the subjects i want to do at A levels. :frown: I am just 3 marks off an A* for history and 4 marks of and A* for eng Lang

I really worked hard and i dont think i could have done anything more. It just abit dissapointing to see these grades.

I just wanted to get an opinion on my grades pls.
(edited 9 years ago)
Nah bro, you're screwed for life.

Spoiler

Original post by Stickman
Nah bro, you're screwed for life.

Spoiler

Thanks for your support man :smile: i guess im annoyed cause i worked really hard...but ill just have to work harder at alevel

one question are those grades good anough for russle group universities
or does it all really depend on what u get for AS level?
Reply 8
Original post by ekta9
Your grades are amazing! Well done and go celebrate :smile:

Thank you so much :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Changing Skies
Your grades are excellent! Celebrate, be proud of yourself :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you soo much :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Tedarien
Yes they are great, nice one.

Reply 11
Original post by Hannahmay01
Your grades are amazing! Four a stars is outstanding especially in history and art!

Thank you so much :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Amii567

I would be very happy with those results 4 A*'s is a very good achievement! and A's and B's are still very good as well, they are all top grades well done. it can be very frustrating when you are so close to a grade boundary, when i got my gcse results i was very close in a few subjects as well. I would definitely get the chemistry checked out with a remark, you've got nothing to loose really with that one. were you close with the english language exam to an A as well? english is a very subjective subject so it can be a lot easier to get some more marks with a remark in that, but only do that if you are really close to the A boundary cause it can also work the other way with remarks and end up in you loosing some marks too.
Original post by Fluffystar123
Thanks for your support man :smile: i guess im annoyed cause i worked really hard...but ill just have to work harder at alevel

one question are those grades good anough for russle group universities
or does it all really depend on what u get for AS level?

Mate AS's and A2's are VERY important! I got 12 A*s at GCSEs but I underestimated the workload and intensity immensely and didn't get high enough ums so got rejected by Cambridge but did get into Imperial UCL Bristol Notts. As long as you have decent enough grades at GCSE as you do you are already past that filter of pre interview rejection. Just focus on AS and if you do even better it'll show you have an upward trend and you'll do well mate. Unfortunately for me it was a downward trend for me haha.
Don't forget the government this year really hated us so your results are really good.
Original post by Stickman
Mate AS's and A2's are VERY important! I got 12 A*s at GCSEs but I underestimated the workload and intensity immensely and didn't get high enough ums so got rejected by Cambridge but did get into Imperial UCL Bristol Notts. As long as you have decent enough grades at GCSE as you do you are already past that filter of pre interview rejection. Just focus on AS and if you do even better it'll show you have an upward trend and you'll do well mate. Unfortunately for me it was a downward trend for me haha.

Wow thats amazing :smile:
I guess i should stop worrying...but ive heard that the jump from gcse's to a level is massive and i dont know if ill be able to cope considering how i did at GCSE.
But as you said i have to work hard.:colondollar:

If you dont mind me asking....what alevels did you take and what are you planning to study at uni? :h:
Reply 16
Original post by tgwktm
I would be very happy with those results 4 A*'s is a very good achievement! and A's and B's are still very good as well, they are all top grades well done. it can be very frustrating when you are so close to a grade boundary, when i got my gcse results i was very close in a few subjects as well. I would definitely get the chemistry checked out with a remark, you've got nothing to loose really with that one. were you close with the english language exam to an A as well? english is a very subjective subject so it can be a lot easier to get some more marks with a remark in that, but only do that if you are really close to the A boundary cause it can also work the other way with remarks and end up in you loosing some marks too.

Thank you so much, a very helpful reply! I'm going to ask about the English Lang because for the course work (60%) my teacher told me that it was a definite A so I didn't bother with resits. However, I got a B for the coursework so I don't really know who made the mistake. As you said English is very subjective so hopefully I will get it remarked, thanks again :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Amii567
Thank you so much, a very helpful reply! I'm going to ask about the English Lang because for the course work (60%) my teacher told me that it was a definite A so I didn't bother with resits. However, I got a B for the coursework so I don't really know who made the mistake. As you said English is very subjective so hopefully I will get it remarked, thanks again :smile:

your coursework was probably moderated my the exam board, sometimes they do that and change the grades. it happened with my history coursework, went from a A to a B which meant i was 3 marks of an A* overall, something i am still a bit annoyed about even 2 years later haha. what about the exam for english, how did you do in that?
Reply 18
Original post by tgwktm
your coursework was probably moderated my the exam board, sometimes they do that and change the grades. it happened with my history coursework, went from a A to a B which meant i was 3 marks of an A* overall, something i am still a bit annoyed about even 2 years later haha. what about the exam for english, how did you do in that?

If that's the case then soo annoying! A bit frustrating because I asked my teacher if I should resist a few and she said no!:frown: I got an A for the exams.
Original post by Fluffystar123
Wow thats amazing :smile:
I guess i should stop worrying...but ive heard that the jump from gcse's to a level is massive and i dont know if ill be able to cope considering how i did at GCSE.
But as you said i have to work hard.:colondollar:

If you dont mind me asking....what alevels did you take and what are you planning to study at uni? :h:

Yeah trust me man the jump is big. If you're not on top of things you will struggle big time irrelevant of what you got at GCSEs. But I guess cos you did IGCSEs you might find it accessible?

I did Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry and doing Engineering at UCL.

Quick Reply

Latest