The Student Room Group

Anyone else annoyed about geography grade?

I really thought Geography was going to be one of my A*s, apparently not :/ Anyone else? (I got an A)
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yea, me too, you on OCR B?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah me too :frown: was really hoping for an A*. I'm OCR B
Reply 3
I was three off...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jennifer_susan97
I really though Geography was going to be one of my A*s, apparently not :/ Anyone else? (I got an A)

i was 2 marks off a A .... @DWE$#RFERE%!!!
Reply 5
Original post by Kitty-meaw
i was 2 marks off a A .... @DWE$#RFERE%!!!

since you are so close you could try for a remark, you would have nothing to loose really
Reply 6
it pisses me off ocr b, i worked so hard geo was my favourite sub and i thought i would get an A* i got a B. they put my coursework down from a* to low a and cost me an A grade
Original post by Tskadem
Yea, me too, you on OCR B?

Posted from TSR Mobile

AQA B for me
AQA A :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by Marcusroye98
AQA A :biggrin:

do you remember what the marks you got are? im confused because mine says i got 400? like, im pretty sure our exams werent 400 marks, or are they ums or what?
I did Aqa A and got A* pretty pleased!
AQA A, got an A. I actually got full ums in Unit 1:eek: I have absolutely no idea how that happened
On AQA B. Got full marks in all practice tests then blam I get an a in unit 1, and a c in unit 2 (it was only the coursework that stopped me getting a b.
Reply 13
I did Geog 2-3 years ago and studied my ass off and only got A. I was really expecting an A* since I found the questions easy. Aparently the grade boundaries for geography are extremely high.
I'm feeling a bit annoyed as well, I would've gotten an A* if it weren't for that darn practical section :frown: still an A is perfectly good
Reply 15
Original post by Dave8991
AQA A, got an A. I actually got full ums in Unit 1:eek: I have absolutely no idea how that happened

is that 150 ums?
When I sat Geography GCSE(AQA B) strange things happened and I could only get a B in Unit 2 despite a resit and getting 100% in Unit 1(a friend of mine on here had the same thing happen to him, which is suspicious)-I worked extremely hard and still only got an A.I revised less for AS and got an A(86%) but still revised quite a lot so if you don't feel happy then make up for it with an AS in the subject.
Original post by hannb98
do you remember what the marks you got are? im confused because mine says i got 400? like, im pretty sure our exams werent 400 marks, or are they ums or what?

I got an A* In geography. They are UMS.
I got 150 ums (full marks) and 147 in the second paper :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Marcusroye98
I got an A* In geography. They are UMS.
I got 150 ums (full marks) and 147 in the second paper :smile:

so if i got 150, 150, 100, is that full marks in everything? jesus that cant be right. no way could i have got full marks on that god awful paper
Original post by hannb98
so if i got 150, 150, 100, is that full marks in everything? jesus that cant be right. no way could i have got full marks on that god awful paper

150 on first paper is full marks but not on the second one :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest