The Student Room Group

Confused about enrolment.

Hello, i am going to college this fall but i am confused on how enrolment works. I have an enrolment today at 4 and another on the 28th. I really want to go to the one on the 28th but unfortuantly i didn't meet the criteria for the course i want to do, Compsci. I need a B in maths and i got a C (1 mark from a B!) I wonder if there is anyway i can negotiate to them letting me do the course as i still need to pass a aptitude test upon entering which i'm fairly certain i can pass. I cannot do 2 enrolments right? So if i skip today's one that means i won't get into the college and if I go to the one on the 28th and they won't let me to the course due to my grade then am i basically f*cked? I've met all the requirements for today's college but i really like the other one more, what shall i do? My phone stopped working and i can't call them and i only have 2 hours until i have to leave to go to the enrolment today...
Well technically you can enrol in today's one and then go again for the 28th and leave if you get in.

Also, is it just me or is 28th September really late to start A levels?
Reply 2
Original post by Olympiad
Well technically you can enrol in today's one and then go again for the 28th and leave if you get in.

It's on the 28th of August. And are you sure?
Reply 3

Also what are the chances of me allowed to do computer science? I've heard stories of people still allowing to do their course at uni even if they didn't meet their criteria. Is it the same for college? :redface:
Original post by tshombe123
It's on the 28th of August. And are you sure?

Whoops I had a stupid moment yeah 28th august is fine

I'm fairly certain - I was planning to go to a enrolment whilst in my sixth form
Original post by tshombe123
Also what are the chances of me allowed to do computer science? I've heard stories of people still allowing to do their course at uni even if they didn't meet their criteria. Is it the same for college? :redface:

Tell the college you were a mark away and therefore very close to a B. Explain why you want to do computer science, why that college specifically etc and they are highly likely to consider you in!

Let me know how it goes :smile: good luck!
Reply 6
Tell the college you were a mark away and therefore very close to a B. Explain why you want to do computer science, why that college specifically etc and they are highly likely to consider you in!

Let me know how it goes :smile: good luck!

I've built a PC before and know alot about it, even coded some minor websites, and tbh one of the main reasons i wanna go there is cus it's only 1 straight bus from where i live, whereas the other collge is 2 and have to walk 10 minutes :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest