The Student Room Group

Advice for A-Level remark.

Hey everyone,

I got my A-Level results a week ago and achieved A*A*A in History, History of Art and English Literature. I am, however, one UMS away from an A* in English and was wondering if it is worth getting a remark to see if I go up a grade? I am around 20 marks away from a B so think that it is unlikely that I will see my grade decrease. Also, I already have a place at uni which has been confirmed - am I being greedy / prideful?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by colourtheory
Hey everyone,

I got my A-Level results a week ago and achieved A*A*A in History, History of Art and English Literature. I am, however, one UMS away from an A* in English and was wondering if it is worth getting a remark to see if I go up a grade? I am around 20 marks away from a B so think that it is unlikely that I will see my grade decrease. Also, I already have a place at uni which has been confirmed - am I being greedy / prideful?

Thanks in advance :smile:

If I were in your position, I'd do it. Obviously you don't need it and you probably won't get an extra mark (statistically speaking) but I think it's worth it. You're definitely not going to lose 20 marks and you've got a chance of getting A*A*A* which would be lovely and comes with awesome bragging rights.

Quick Reply

Latest