The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL Accommodation team is terrible.

So.. I just phoned King's Accomm only for them to tell me my application hasn't even been bloody processed yet so I'm not even in the second round of allocation! This is ridiculous. I phoned up on results day to ask how to apply for accommodation and was told to wait 48 hours and that I'll be put in the 2nd round of accommodation, phoned up the day after just in case and was told to wait 24 hours, tried logging in on Saturday and it didn't work so I thought my account might not be up yet, so I phoned them up and was told the login details I was given was incorrect. So I logged in and applied on the Saturday. I phoned up a couple of days later to ask about any updates and they said I'm in the second round and I'll hear about it on Thursday. Phoned up on today only to be told my application hasn't been processed and that I'm in the third round instead!!! Honestly no idea what to do right now, I'm stuck on the phone everyone apologising to me. An a apology isn't getting me a place to live...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am in the exact same boat as you, i live 300 miles up north and have no idea what to do.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Buneet
So.. I just phoned King's Accomm only for them to tell me my application hasn't even been bloody processed yet so I'm not even in the second round of allocation! This is ridiculous. I phoned up on results day to ask how to apply for accommodation and was told to wait 48 hours and that I'll be put in the 2nd round of accommodation, phoned up the day after just in case and was told to wait 24 hours, tried logging in on Saturday and it didn't work so I thought my account might not be up yet, so I phoned them up and was told the login details I was given was incorrect. So I logged in and applied on the Saturday. I phoned up a couple of days later to ask about any updates and they said I'm in the second round and I'll hear about it on Thursday. Phoned up on today only to be told my application hasn't been processed and that I'm in the third round instead!!! Honestly no idea what to do right now, I'm stuck on the phone everyone apologising to me. An a apology isn't getting me a place to live...

Original post by xdazza7
I am in the exact same boat as you, i live 300 miles up north and have no idea what to do.

Guess who isnt on the top of KCL's list of "hoping to see soon?"

Blame no one but yourself, reflet on why it had happened to you guys and not others

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Med_medine

Blame no one but yourself, reflet on why it had happened to you guys and not others

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's like you didn't even read the OP. I was told by 4/5 different members of staff I would be in round 2.

I am not going to be blaming myself because I did nothing wrong, also because I made enough noise, they put me back in to group 2 and I find my accommodation out today. Reflecting on why it happened it happened to me is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.
Original post by Buneet
It's like you didn't even read the OP. I was told by 4/5 different members of staff I would be in round 2.

I am not going to be blaming myself because I did nothing wrong, also because I made enough noise, they put me back in to group 2 and I find my accommodation out today. Reflecting on why it happened it happened to me is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

Well done for assuming I did read the OP
Reply 5
Original post by Med_medine

Posted from TSR Mobile

I meant I didn't get a place for the 2nd time of places been given out and i did mine on the 5th May.
feel the same like you
really feel terrible after calling the team and be informed that I am currently on a waiting list.
If I were told earlier, I would not keep waiting for such long time!!
It's so difficult to find a nice accommo now because most of the student apartments are sold out!!!
and I was told to keep waiting after the 1st round because they told me that I would be given a place in the second round!!! BUT NOW I AM ON A WAITING LIST!!!!
Reply 7
Original post by Yanniezhou
feel the same like you
really feel terrible after calling the team and be informed that I am currently on a waiting list.
It's so difficult to find a nice accommo now because most of the student apartments are sold out!!!
and I was told to keep waiting after the 1st round because they told me that I would be given a place in the second round!!!

BUT NOW I AM ON A WAITING LIST!!!!

It's incredibly frustrating! :frown:

They pluck random times out of thin air and then don't stick to it.
Reply 8
Any idea's of what you's are doing instead because i have no idea since i am on a strict budget.
Reply 9
Need accommodation swap from ensuite at Champion Hill to near guys campus? Can anyone help??
I think the accommodation team really need to revise how they allocate accommodation. I applied back in January the day applications were open, yet I end up with one of the worst places to stay, Ewen Henderson. It is the furthest away from my campus (Strand) and is in a horrible area. Kings need to devise a better system than just blindly picking names out of a hat to allocate rooms. I feel as though I am being punished for doing things on time/early.
Original post by Buneet

Dear Buneet,
Sorry to hear about your application not being processed yet, but I am sure my team can help you find a place to live. If you would like, please give the Student Residence team a call on Tuesday and I am positive they can help you sort things out. Mention this as a reference.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Original post by xdazza7

Dear Xdazza7,

Please give the Student Residences team a call on Tuesday and reference "The Student Room" and I am sure they can help you sort out any accommodation issues you might have.

Regards
Reply 13
Original post by The College
Dear Buneet,
Sorry to hear about your application not being processed yet, but I am sure my team can help you find a place to live. If you would like, please give the Student Residence team a call on Tuesday and I am positive they can help you sort things out. Mention this as a reference.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi, I appreciate the reply!
I actually managed to sort it out and was allocated Champion Hill. I spoke to a nice guy named Martin who sorted everything out for me despite everyone telling me I couldn't get in to the second round.

I just hope everyone else is able to get a place. :smile:

Thanks for the reply anyway.
Original post by Pavansingh1
I think the accommodation team really need to revise how they allocate accommodation. I applied back in January the day applications were open, yet I end up with one of the worst places to stay, Ewen Henderson. It is the furthest away from my campus (Strand) and is in a horrible area. Kings need to devise a better system than just blindly picking names out of a hat to allocate rooms. I feel as though I am being punished for doing things on time/early.

Dear Pavansingh,

Oh no, that at all. Sorry to hear that, but we work hard to allocate students. Unfortunately, the allocation runs on a ballot system, which is the reason why we tell students to put down as many options as possible. Ewen Henderson Court at one point in time was not the best area, but it is an up-and-coming area of London with a very active artistic crowd, since there are other units in the area. Tell me how we can make this a better experience for you?

Regards,
Original post by Yanniezhou
feel the same like you
and I was told to keep waiting after the 1st round because they told me that I would be given a place in the second round!!!

BUT NOW I AM ON A WAITING LIST!!!!

Dear Yanniezhou,

Please give us a call on Tuesday to sort out your accommodation. We always want to make the student experience from when we first receive the application 'till the day you leave the residence, as stress-free as possible. Our main focus is helping you and if anything we can do to facilitate this process, we will do it. Have you heard back from 2nd round yet?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Original post by fazydazy
Need accommodation swap from ensuite at Champion Hill to near guys campus? Can anyone help??

Hello Fazydazy,

Champion Hill is by far the best residence we have and once you move in, I am sure you are going to love it. The commute from Guy's campus is not long considering that you are living in a busy city like London. I can send you some pictures of the room if you would like.

Take care
Reply 17
Original post by The College
Hello Fazydazy,

Champion Hill is by far the best residence we have and once you move in, I am sure you are going to love it. The commute from Guy's campus is not long considering that you are living in a busy city like London. I can send you some pictures of the room if you would like.

Take care

Hi, is it possible to get some pictures of the rooms?
Thank you
Original post by Buneet
Hi, I appreciate the reply!
I actually managed to sort it out and was allocated Champion Hill. I spoke to a nice guy named Martin who sorted everything out for me despite everyone telling me I couldn't get in to the second round.

I just hope everyone else is able to get a place. :smile:

Thanks for the reply anyway.

Aww I am so glad that Martin was able to allocate you a room. You are going to LOVE Champion Hill. It is a brand new residence and we are very much looking forward to have you all in there enjoying the beautiful premises.

See you soon!
Original post by Buneet
Hi, is it possible to get some pictures of the rooms?
Thank you

Sure, here's a link of the Champion Hill:

http://www.pinterest.com/kclresidence/champion-hill/

Quick Reply

Latest