The Student Room Group

I dont know what to do!!!!

i have bad GCSE results, but i want to go uni next year. right now I'm in my second year of health and social care level 2.
do you think i can go to uni for midwifery with bad GCSE?
It depends what you mean by bad GCSE's really, did you pass science and maths?
You'll need 5 passes grade C or above, including maths, english and sometimes a science :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by thesadgirl
i have bad GCSE results, but i want to go uni next year. right now I'm in my second year of health and social care level 2.

Pretty sure it needs to be level 3 for university.
Original post by thesadgirl

We can't help you if you don't say what grades you have hun. But I shall try.

You are in your second year of Level 2? Your BTEC Level 2 qualification is equivalent to GCSE grades. In order to get to uni you need Level 3 qualifications such as BTEC Level 3 or A-levels.

Because you want to do Midwifery, you should aim to get at least a grade C at GCSE (or sometimes equivalent grades (this does not include Levels in Key Skills)) in English/English Language, Maths and Science; either Addition, Tripple or Core.

Usually if you don't offer traditional A-level subjects in Biology, Psychology or sometimes even Maths then your next best thing is to study a Level 3 BTEC course and get DMM-D*D*D* with your GCSEs.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest