The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Others who don't enjoy clubbing?

Don't take this the wrong way, but I just don't enjoy going to clubs all the time, I can go once in every two weeks or so and in no way do I look down on others if they enjoy it, it's just my personal preference to rather go to a quiet pub, or see a stand up act or just stay in, order a pizza and watch netflix.

At the moment it doesn't seem like there are many people that are similar to this and of course in freshers I intend to make an effort to try and go out a few times but I just wondered if many others are similar and if people will calm down a bit after freshers week? As at the moment it seems like people want to go out almost every day of the week and get drunk!
Reply 1
I wouldn't worry too much about it. You're bound to make friends that have similar interests to you and maybe wont want to go out as much either
All of those things you said you prefer sound great too and I don't think I know anybody who doesn't like pizza and netflix haha :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Sounds exactly how I feel. I'm not a fan of clubbing but I like going to quieter places for a drink. Don't worry, there will be a lot of people who are similar
I've recently just been put off drinking - the smell of it makes me gag tbh . I do enjoy going out clubbing to dance if it's for a couple of hours and once in a while but what you describes appeals to me far more. Dw after freshers and as people get broke im.sure (hoping) they will also be enticed. ..
Hi,

Here at LUU we put on plenty of events that aren't focused around clubbing or "Big nights out". Check out the Evening Entertainment section of our freshers website where we have pub quizzes, hypnotists and comedy acts such as Joe Wilkinson. Overall there is a huge selection of things to do at Leeds to suit everybody!
Reply 5
Thanks for the replies, I think it should be ok after the first week or two once people start calming down and realise they dont have enough money to go drinking. And it does look like the union puts on some things so I will probably mainly go to them and less often to clubs :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
¡Hello! here another one who prefers quiet enviroments and staying home watching netflix or going to the cinema instead of go clubbing. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one (:
Reply 7
Original post by AndreaP
¡Hello! here another one who prefers quiet enviroments and staying home watching netflix or going to the cinema instead of go clubbing. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one (:

I'm sure we will find similar people to us and just do normal things, and as you said cinema is also a good choice!
I dont enjoy clubbing either and niether do I drink! I'm terrified of freshers week!
Reply 9
I don't really drink and I definitely don't go clubbing and I've been here for a year, I really recommend checking out the societies that interest you and joining one or a few! They're a way to get involved with regular enjoyable activity focused things without the drinking and clubbing.
I don't enjoy clubbing and I don't really drink. I will probably feel like a loser there.
Reply 11
I don't drink, but I don't really mind going clubbing once a week or so. However, I much rather go to the cinema or spend my money on live gigs. I've had a look on internet and Leeds seems to have a great music scene.!!

Quick Reply

Latest