The Student Room Group

Boring first date - asked to go for a second. Advice needed.

Hi guys,

So I had a first date with this lass a few weeks ago - as far as first dates go it was... pleasant. It was neither bad nor good. My main problem was she didn't really have any fire in her belly - I asked whether she was nervous, she said no. After the first date we said our goodbyes, kiss upon the cheek - the end.

No communication until yesterday she text me saying would you like to meet sometime next week?

Not sure what to do - the first date was a little dull, but a part of me is asking whether that was just first date jitters and she just didn't want to say anything.

Do I go for it, with the potential to have an even duller second date? Or do I say "thanks but no thanks"?

Advice is appreciated, especially if any of you have been in a similar situation.
My text would be:

"Is it going to be as dull as last time or are you at least gonna give me a blowy to liven things up?"

I think this romantic approach is appropriate in this situation.

:smile:
If you don't want to be her friend, just ignore her.
Original post by lwepenn
Hi guys,

So I had a first date with this lass a few weeks ago - as far as first dates go it was... pleasant. It was neither bad nor good. My main problem was she didn't really have any fire in her belly - I asked whether she was nervous, she said no. After the first date we said our goodbyes, kiss upon the cheek - the end.

No communication until yesterday she text me saying would you like to meet sometime next week?

Not sure what to do - the first date was a little dull, but a part of me is asking whether that was just first date jitters and she just didn't want to say anything.

Do I go for it, with the potential to have an even duller second date? Or do I say "thanks but no thanks"?

Advice is appreciated, especially if any of you have been in a similar situation.

you need a firethrowing girl if you want fire in her belly :smile:
I'd say give her another chance and see how it goes. :smile:
Reply 5
What have you got to lose? I always give people a second chance as long as the first date wasn't actively bad. Sometimes attraction just isn't immediate for me and I also think it usually takes getting the first date nerves out of the way to see someone's real personality. If you still don't find yourself that into her after date two then cut your losses after that.
Reply 6
Thanks for all the replies guys. Going to meet for a coffee and lunch and see how things go.

Fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Second date = third base

I'd go for it!
get pissed together, it will either go brilliantly or terribly. But at least it will go somewhere.
Reply 9
drinks OP, definite smash
Reply 10
These replies are really inspired. Cracking me up. Ha! (Y)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending