The Student Room Group

Wasted Opportunity.

Why do people not take a chance on someone if they are attracted.

It just seems strange to me now... Strange how people let this kind of opportunity pass by, especially considering the fact that we only live once.

If you met someone who has similar interests, attitude and is attractive, why not just ask the person out... Sometimes it is even pretty obvious that you mutually like each other from the get go, but neither person says anything.

Such a shame really.
Well for many people these would be some of the reasons holding them back: fear of rejection, personal insecurities, unrealistic expectations of romance and relationships, being at an awkward phase in life, etc, etc.

You're right, it should be that simple - but in practice relationships and feelings are often very difficult to navigate. Best you can do is to try and learn from your past mistakes.
(edited 9 years ago)
I feel I'm qualified to answer this seeing as I've never asked a girl out. As has been said, there's a few reasons:

What's easier? Would you rather be comfortable? Also, the whole not being good enough thing. Add to this all the other things that go on in life and having a 'life plan'.
Original post by Anonymous
Why do people not take a chance on someone if they are attracted.

It just seems strange to me now... Strange how people let this kind of opportunity pass by, especially considering the fact that we only live once.

If you met someone who has similar interests, attitude and is attractive, why not just ask the person out... Sometimes it is even pretty obvious that you mutually like each other from the get go, but neither person says anything.

Such a shame really.
It is never to late to ask if there is mutual attraction, I can not understand why someone would do this, you could be missing out on something wonderful.
Reply 4
For me personally it's the fear that an expression of desire for that particular person may ruin or hinder the current friendship, but I understand what you're saying, it should be a simple process but many variables can hinder that process.
Reply 5
For me it was always stage fright. I used to go up to girls and get scared stiff and just freeze on the spot

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending