The Student Room Group

I love disney

Can you ever be too old to enjoy/love Disney? I'm talking about Disney movies, toys, princess... the whole shebang. I'm watching Up right now and it's just brought on a wave of emotions and feels I have for Disney. Fellow Disney lovers, show the love ;D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Disney sucks now. Used to be great in the 90s not anymore. I bet you weren't even alive then
Reply 2
It's awful, I'll watch the old stuff once a year or something
Original post by Armin.
Disney sucks now. Used to be great in the 90s not anymore. I bet you weren't even alive then

somebody's a bit angry :tongue:
Reply 4
I feel the same way, but unfortunately there're a ****load of disney movies that I haven't yet seen and I've got no way of seeing them all. I've seen like most of the 'major' ones, but I'm not sure if it's worth watching some of the less famous ones because I don't know if it'll have the same experience or if it'll just be like any other cheap animated movie.
Original post by Armin.

Lol, I'm a '96 baby. But my appreciation of Disney is not just limited to the new movies, what's you're favourite 90's Disney movie/show?
Reply 6
Original post by Armin.

Pretty sure you said your social anxiety meant you do your very best to avoid conflict
meh pixar ftw
Reply 8
Original post by beaverhausen
Lol, I'm a '96 baby. But my appreciation of Disney is not just limited to the new movies, what's you're favourite 90's Disney movie/show?

My apologies. 96 that's the same year they released Hunch Back of Notre Dame. :biggrin:

So many movies to choose from. You put me on the spot. :lol:

Has to be the Lion King. Second choice would be Mulan.
Original post by 29Bilal96
meh pixar ftw

This probably sounds really dumb but I'm gonna ask anyway. I thought pixar and disney were the same thing? :K:
Reply 10
Original post by louieee
Pretty sure you said your social anxiety meant you do your very best to avoid conflict

What conflict are you on about?

This probably sounds really dumb but I'm gonna ask anyway. I thought pixar and disney were the same thing? :K:

Disney owns Pixar yes. :smile:
Original post by Armin.
My apologies. 96 that's the same year they released Hunch Back of Notre Dame. :biggrin:

So many movies to choose from. You put me on the spot. :lol:

Has to be the Lion King. Second choice would be Mulan.

Ahh MAN. I love Lion King, I always hold new born babies Rafiki style for the memories xD

lool i wasn't sure either...think disney is now owned by pixar or something...might be the other way round...but google pixar movies and the list of films on wiki is pretty good :tongue:
Reply 13
Ahh MAN. I love Lion King, I always hold new born babies Rafiki style for the memories xD

Have you ever seen the Lion King musical production? :biggrin:
Original post by Mr...
I think she's talking about 'Disney Movies' not 'Disney Channel'...

I remember the butterflies I would get watching the "Pixar lamp" come on before Finding Nemo started :moon:

Nope.. Pixar is owned by Disney :smile:

Finding Nemo :h: that movie makes me so happy, it's unreal. I plan to spoil my future kiddies/friends kiddies/nephews/basically all babies with Disney, especially Nemo. Looking back at when it was released makes me feel soooo old
Can you ever be too old to enjoy/love Disney? I'm talking about Disney movies, toys, princess... the whole shebang. I'm watching Up right now and it's just brought on a wave of emotions and feels I have for Disney. Fellow Disney lovers, show the love ;D

I'm 20 and I LOVE Disney! :colondollar: Whenever I'm feeling sad, I stick on a Disney film (my favourites are The Lion King and The Lion King 2, Tangled, Mulan, Frozen, Aladdin, Hercules, Up, so many!) and I end up feeling loads better! My boyfriend and I had our first holiday abroad together this year...to Disneyland Paris! It was the best holiday ever and I got so many souvenirs! Glad there's a thread for Disney lovers! :h:
Reply 16
You're never too young or old to love Disney :smile:

I'd say my favourite so far is Hercules, although I've recently got Atlantis on DVD because I haven't seen that for over 15 years, and I don't ever recall seeing Treasure Planet, so there's a chance there's a better favourite!

Lilo and Stitch is pretty great too :biggrin:
Reply 17

:rofl:

Will do this with my nephew next time I see him.
Original post by 29Bilal96
lool i wasn't sure either...think disney is now owned by pixar or something...might be the other way round...but google pixar movies and the list of films on wiki is pretty good :tongue:

AHMERGAWD. THEY MADE WALL-E. I associated them with Disney, it's why I mentioned Up in my first post because I always see Disney attached to the movie xD

Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
Have you ever seen the Lion King musical production? :biggrin:

No D; but I would love to! I saw a little clip of the Australian cast on an aeroplane singing one of the songs and I was blown away.
When I was a little boy, and tucked up nice and snug in bed, I used to hear the sound of an aeroplane out the window and just imagine it was off to Disneyland or some wonderful place. *Nostalgia*

Quick Reply

Latest