The Student Room Group

A-LEVELS - WHAT TO DROP AND WHAT TO RESIT? (Feel free to add your own situation!)

Hi, so basically I got my AS results last week like we all did and I did okay, but I didn't do as well as I wanted to do I got two Bs and two Cs (although one C is being remarked) and the other subject I got a C in I am considering carrying on over one of the subjects I got a B in? Is this a wise choice?

The subject I got a C in was History - first paper I was around 2 UMS marks (or something really, annoyingly close) to an A, but the second paper I only got a D, this was because I answered outside of the time period - but I'm certain with a retake I'd get a much better grade (I've been getting Bs in all the mocks, I just messed up in the exam, which I don't plan to do again!) Which could hopefully pull me up to a B/A - plus, I really want to do History at A2 - I want to do Law at Uni and think it would be helpful.

The second subject I got a C in was English Lit - again, first unit I got an A in (full marks) second unit I got an E - although I am having this remarked, because in all my mocks I was achieving As/Bs and felt like I did quite well in the exam so I am hoping that this would go up. If not I plan to retake it

I also got Bs in Geography and Psychology - I was very close to getting an A overall in Geography - around 4 UMS so think I should keep this subject. In Psychology I think I got a mid/to low level B - I'm thinking of dropping this as I enjoy it least and other subjects are more relevant - but it was my second highest grade :/.

So, with retakes of the History and English Lit units I could come out with an A or B in both - so would it be worth me taking my to C subject forward and dropping one that I got a B in (Psychology).

Also, in terms of predicted grades on UCAS what do you think my situation would be - would they think if I put an A as my predicted A level too ambitious or unrealistic?

Please help!
Reply 1
bump

Quick Reply

Latest