B Food Tech
C Maths
C Science
C Aditional Science
C ICT
A Drama
A Media
A Double Media

I'm not exactly happy with the two C's in maths and science because i want to do psychology next year so I'm not sure if i can take it. I really don't know what to think about my results :frown:
Reply 1
Your results are very good and shouldn't be disappointed at all. And to do psychology in A level, do you not need at least a B in English Language which you have got? Or does your school require you to have a B in Science too?
Reply 2
Original post by Jelly150
Your results are very good and shouldn't be disappointed at all. And to do psychology in A level, do you not need at least a B in English Language which you have got? Or does your school require you to have a B in Science too?

Thank you :smile:It did say i needed a B in biology, but I may still be able to take the course as other people still take it with lower grades, I'm just going to have to speak to the teachers about it :/
You should be fine with taking psychology. I only had C's in science and maths, and I just finished my psychology ALevel (got a C overall, but I'm doing a third year so hoping to bump this up)

These are great results! Don't ever be disappointed. I only got one A at GCSE but now I'm trying to do my ALevels I hardly think about them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They seem pretty good results, well done! You've got English and Maths at or above grade C, so even if your school has higher entry requirements, there are probably other colleges close to you that will be happy to accept you to do psychology and whichever other a levels you want to do with those grades.
Dependent on what you want to do in life.
Original post by Rembles98
B English Lit
B English Lang
B French
B Food Tech
C Maths
C Science
C Aditional Science
C ICT
A Drama
A Media
A Double Media

I'm not exactly happy with the two C's in maths and science because i want to do psychology next year so I'm not sure if i can take it. I really don't know what to think about my results :frown:

No.
I averaged a C across the board at GCSE and then average very high B's at A-level in 3 traditional subjects and now going into final year at Manchester looking at a 2.1 (a first if there's a god somewhere).

Granted the more I look back, the more I realise I didn't try at all and was probably lucky to get those C's at GCSE otherwise I may have given up on education or who knows...
Reply 8
Original post by qwertyabcdef123
No.

What is your problem?
There is no need for negative comments. You leave a comment saying "No" and that is it?
Original post by Jelly150
What is your problem?
There is no need for negative comments. You leave a comment saying "No" and that is it?

If you haven't realised yet, your thread is entitled "Are my results any good?". This invites Yes/No answers. Don't be offended tough guy, I was merely responding to your question.
Original post by qwertyabcdef123
If you haven't realised yet, your thread is entitled "Are my results any good?". This invites Yes/No answers. Don't be offended tough guy, I was merely responding to your question.

It wasn't my question.....

Lel
That's better than getting below Cs. You got potential, just keep striving for success continuously & your life will be illuminated with greatness. Congratulations. But how come you got Cs in science?
Reply 12
Seem almost perfectly average. (for someone who wants to go to uni). You have a good mix of subjects.
Reply 13
Original post by inachigeek21
That's better than getting below Cs. You got potential, just keep striving for success continuously & your life will be illuminated with greatness. Congratulations. But how come you got Cs in science?

hahah because its not exactly my strongest subject :') and thank you x
Reply 14
Original post by Alex-Torres
Dependent on what you want to do in life.

I want to go into performing arts, acting singing.
I want to go into performing arts, acting singing.

Then theoretically you don't need any qualifications. Can't imagine Leonardo DiCaprio and the like are particularly academically excellent.
B English Lit
B English Lang
B French
B Food Tech
C Maths
C Science
C Aditional Science
C ICT
A Drama
A Media
A Double Media

Being able to do psychology would depend on the sixth form/college you want to go to? What are the entry requirements? :smile:
Original post by Alex-Torres
Then theoretically you don't need any qualifications. Can't imagine Leonardo DiCaprio and the like are particularly academically excellent.

It's nice to have something to fall back on. At least if OP gets nowhere she'll hopefully be able to get a job paying enough to have a decent life. Very few make it, most are freelancers hoping for a break. Theoretically, one should still try and attain qualifications.

Quick Reply

Latest