The Student Room Group
I saw this today and it was being reported on in a number of newspaper. But it's really quite sad that they are only reporting on it as it comes into force and not when it was being discussed and people could actually try and stop it.

What bugs me about this (aside from the principle) is that the people in charge seem to be incapable of basic logic. Here's from the article you link:

“The amount of watt does not automatically indicate how well a vacuum cleaner will clean. The amount of watt indicates how much electrical power is used by the engine,” Ms Holzer wrote. “The important question is: How efficient is this electrical power translated into picking-up dust?”

Whilst her first statement is true and efficiency is also important the two are not mutually exclusive. If I have two hoovers and one is twice as efficient as the other, the less efficient one will still be more effective if it uses more than twice the power. So her justification is BS and either she knows it and is lying or she doesn't realise it. Either way she shouldn't be in a position to make these kind of decisions!
This reminds me of a king of the hill episode where they installed low flush toilets that took 3-4 flushes to get rid of your poop.
Reply 3
Original post by Ivan.Drago
This reminds me of a king of the hill episode where they installed low flush toilets that took 3-4 flushes to get rid of your poop.

much as I love koth, WC flushing is a large proportion of your total domestic water consumption ~25% if we believe the pie charts google finds for me
vacuum cleaning is included in a ~5% 'other' slice in the equivalent charts for electricity.

the lowflush toilets might not work very well but at least they're trying to address a worthwhile problem - the low power vacuums aren't really even addressing a problem worth solving.
they should just ban the concept of cleaning instead

ban maids aswell

& ban hands so no one can use vacuum cleaners
Original post by Joinedup

.....clearly the euro experts have decided it's the obvious thing to do instead of limiting the maximum engine size in cars or taxing aviation because hoovering must be much much worse for the environment than either of those.

Euro puppets won't challenge the corporate capitalists power/profits, timid lip service suffices.
The EU takes micro-management to ridiculous levels.
People will just spend more time vacuuming their house to an acceptable level, and the EU will have achieved nothing but to make everyone's lives slightly worse.
This is where I draw the line! I'm voting UKIP!

But seriously, the amount of resources probably gone in to making this decision shows the EU either have their priorities wrong, or they have nothing better to do.
Reply 9
I suppose they're not too interested about this Ukraine thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bertstare
they should just ban the concept of cleaning instead

ban maids aswell

& ban hands so no one can use vacuum cleaners

You want to put loads of women out of work?
Well **** there goes replacements for our Miele...

dog and cat hair will take over everything!!!!
why brexit happened in a nutshell
Original post by romsharkk
I am personally a huge fan of robotic vacuum cleaners. If cleaning is not your favourite chores, I think they are a great way reduce the cleaning workload a little by getting a robotic vacuum cleaner.To find a good one, check out the reviews here [url="https://robotbox.net"]https://robotbox.net
. I have Roomba 780 and I am pretty happy about it as I can feel the difference walking barefoot.

This is a site full of kids worrying about A level subjects and losing their virginity. So trying to promote a fascinating vacuum cleaner blog here is a waste of time.

Latest

Trending

Trending