The Student Room Group

People who go on holiday to magaluf,malia,zante etc have no class

Do you agree with this?
heard someone say it the other day so i thought id ask on ere

Scroll to see replies

Do you really expect 18 year olds to go to 5* hotels in Bora Bora?
I would much prefer to browse the Eden Collection or book up for some 5* all-inclusive stay in Kota Kinabalu rather than book an apartment in little Britain abroad, but I don't think it's an issue of class. I enjoy museums, tropical beaches, relaxing, foreign foods where some prefer clubbing, drinking and eating British cuisine in the sun. We all do what we enjoy.

Original post by bertstare
Do you really expect 18 year olds to go to 5* hotels in Bora Bora?

Bora Bora is a very nice destination, I'm going there next summer.

People instantly assume going to the destinations listed is due to financial reasons but it is not. You can pick up a very reasonably priced all-inclusive holiday for 7 days in Morocco, Kefalonia, Malta or Madeira. All are nice places and are not the usual party destinations.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Madeline_H95
I would much prefer to browse the Eden Collection or book up for some 5* all-inclusive stay in Kota Kinabalu rather than book an apartment in little Britain abroad, but I don't think it's an issue of class. I enjoy museums, tropical beaches, relaxing, foreign foods where some prefer clubbing, drinking and eating British cuisine in the sun. We all do what we enjoy.

I'd enjoy both, but not everyone is rich.
I don't think that 'people who go to these places on holiday have no class' at all.

However, at the same time I sometimes struggle to understand the attraction of these types of holiday as I prefer to go to either medieval / cultural wonders or natural wonders.
You'll find teenagers if all socio economic class backgrounds in these holiday destinations actually . I know even the poshest of people in ny year going ibiza etc
Original post by tehforum
I'd enjoy both, but not everyone is rich.

You don't need to be welathy. There are all-inclusive holidays to destinations priced at the same price point as holidays to Zante, Ibiza and Magaluf etc... Why do they not choose to exploit such a good deal is the question. I think it's because people are more into clubbing abroad than they are culture so decide against it.
No, I think it's a massive generalisation. You can't assume that anyone who goes to these places has "no class", just because of the behaviour of some of the people who go there
You don't need to be welathy. There are all-inclusive holidays to destinations priced at the same price point as holidays to Zante, Ibiza and Magaluf etc... Why do they not choose to exploit such a good deal is the question. I think it's because people are more into clubbing abroad than they are culture so decide against it.

yeah, alright.

come back to me with a good deal for a 5 star all inclusive, plus flights and other misc expenses for the same price as a holiday to the typical clubbing destinations.

i bet you can't
Stupid of them tbh. It's the place to be during the summer.
I don't know if they have no class, but their behaviour is certainly classless. It's a national embarassment the way Brits act in these places.

How would we feel if a bunch of foreigners came to the UK to get into fights, throw up and piss in the gutter? You really have to lack any shred of self-respect to lose control of yourself to that extent.
I agree. Why can't more teens go somewhere cultured like Rome or Venice?

People instantly assume going to the destinations listed is due to financial reasons but it is not. You can pick up a very reasonably priced all-inclusive holiday for 7 days in Morocco, Kefalonia, Malta or Madeira. All are nice places and are not the usual party destinations.

1) Rofl no you can't
2) Most people already go to those kind of places on family holidays with their parents. It's hardly surprising they'd prefer holidaying with their friends in a party hotspot full of other teens, rather than taking photos of ancient ruins
strong snobbery levels ITT
I went on holiday to Zante with my gf, but it was to a family friendly part of the island. I just loved the beaches and the weather, but I wouldn't return. Zante isn't just exclusively a clubbing destination.
Reply 15
Lol. Why would you want to visit somewhere posh when you're between 17-25? Seriously, places like Ibiza, malia, zante and magaluf are all party hotspots. Ibiza is by far the most expensive. (You can spend as much as 2500 in two weeks)
I went when I was 21. I had a boyfriend so didn't do anything "classless" as you like to view it. I definitely saw some distasteful stuff going on but no more so than what you'd see in freshers week or at carnage etc. I'm not into clubbing much now but I can see why people enjoy it, I found it quite fun. Given the choice I'd have liked to go somewhere with a little more culture but I had the rest of my 20s for that.
Original post by tengentoppa
I don't know if they have no class, but their behaviour is certainly classless. It's a national embarassment the way Brits act in these places.

How would we feel if a bunch of foreigners came to the UK to get into fights, throw up and piss in the gutter? You really have to lack any shred of self-respect to lose control of yourself to that extent.

I would not go to these places, but I know fine well a large amount of the people who go are not all on drugs or sleep about or fight. Obviously a lot of alcohol is consumed and the level of extreme behavior is higher but I believe it is a generalisation.
City centre on a weekend night offer less class often.
No, I think people go to places like this for a certain type of holiday, and it does the job.

If people want something quieter, or more cultural, etc etc, there are lots of options.

What in your opinion, does having "class" mean anyway?
Reply 19
They only go there to drink, party and have sex in a hot climate, nothing more. Looking at monuments and museums isn't a typical teenagers idea of fun.

Quick Reply

Latest