The Student Room Group

How Would I Find Out My Actual Marks?

Hi guys, hope you got what you hoped for today!
I got 11A*s, but i was just wondering if there was a way that i could find out the actual marks i got in each subject out of curiosity: How would i do this? We do mainly IGCSE, and we are only told our mark in the standard GCSE subjects we do, not the IGCSE ones (i managed 100% UMS on the three gcse subjects, which is why i'm desperate to find out the rest). Someone in our year had an Edexcel sheet with their marks on it but i'm not sure why/how they had this
Thanks a lot
Reply 1
Original post by Oscarbarnes
Hi guys, hope you got what you hoped for today!
I got 11A*s, but i was just wondering if there was a way that i could find out the actual marks i got in each subject out of curiosity: How would i do this? We do mainly IGCSE, and we are only told our mark in the standard GCSE subjects we do, not the IGCSE ones (i managed 100% UMS on the three gcse subjects, which is why i'm desperate to find out the rest). Someone in our year had an Edexcel sheet with their marks on it but i'm not sure why/how they had this
Thanks a lot

bbbb
I got two edexcel sheets and one AQA sheets which had my marks and UMS on it. I think they are the only boards who do that because I also sat an exam with WJEC and I didn't get any sheet saying the marks I got. You could ask your school to request it but it will cost money on their part which they may ask from you.
Reply 3
Original post by funkydee19
I got two edexcel sheets and one AQA sheets which had my marks and UMS on it. I think they are the only boards who do that because I also sat an exam with WJEC and I didn't get any sheet saying the marks I got. You could ask your school to request it but it will cost money on their part which they may ask from you.

Did you do GCSE or IGCSE? thanks, yeah i think i'll just ask the exams officer at school. It's a very small thing but i'd still like to know
Did you do GCSE or IGCSE? thanks, yeah i think i'll just ask the exams officer at school. It's a very small thing but i'd still like to know

GCSE. I hope you are able to find out :smile:
if you know the UMS can't you use the edexcel ums online converter?
Reply 6
Original post by 29Bilal96
if you know the UMS can't you use the edexcel ums online converter?

Yeah i could but there isn't a UMS value either, they literally just show the grade: there's only UMS shown for the GCSE subjects, not the IGCSE. i'm going to ask my exam officer, thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah i could but there isn't a UMS value either, they literally just show the grade: there's only UMS shown for the GCSE subjects, not the IGCSE. i'm going to ask my exam officer, thanks

ahh okay, well hope you find out
see i think i have been graded wrong or something. I'm so baffled with this UMS stuff. All i have is a 'Candidate Statement of Provisional Results' and my overall AQA GCSE English Language was graded a D and marks of 152. However, below is the others AQA GCSE English Unit 2(ENG02) Grade 4.
AQA GCSE English Unit 1 Foundation (ENG1F) Grade F with marks of 63
AQA GCSE English Unit 3 (ENL03) Grade B marked 89.
i checked the scaled grade boundaries etc and it doesn't add up one bit!? i am so confused can someone please help?
Original post by Colessyyyy
see i think i have been graded wrong or something. I'm so baffled with this UMS stuff. All i have is a 'Candidate Statement of Provisional Results' and my overall AQA GCSE English Language was graded a D and marks of 152. However, below is the others AQA GCSE English Unit 2(ENG02) Grade 4.
AQA GCSE English Unit 1 Foundation (ENG1F) Grade F with marks of 63
AQA GCSE English Unit 3 (ENL03) Grade B marked 89.
i checked the scaled grade boundaries etc and it doesn't add up one bit!? i am so confused can someone please help?

Those marks that you have been given are likely UMS marks. A UMS of 63 would give you a raw mark of 28 in the first unit while a UMS of 89 would give you a raw mark of 60.

Hope this clears things up for you
(edited 9 years ago)
Edexcel and wjec gave ums marks for each exam... AQA being aqa didn't

Quick Reply

Latest