The Student Room Group

My results - GCSE

Ok! So I received my GCSE results today. I was a little surprised due to it being a mixed bag. I got an A*, two A's, a B, four C's and a D. I'm happy (as well as surprised) for my A*/A's, but a little disappointed about the C's and a D.

Two of the C's I got were in German and Biology, each of which I was a couple of marks of getting a B. I'm going to try to get them remarked really soon, so I shall see what happens from there onwards. I'm not too sure what to think overall though, I got the A*/A's in subjects that I want to do for AS/A level so I don't know whether to feel happy or upset. Any advice? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Good luck with your remark :smile: What are you doing for A levels? x
I was gutted with mine. I hate life.
Original post by JayJay-C19

I am sure your results were great, don't beat yourself up
Reply 4

GCSEs don't mean much trust me, but try hard for A levels
Original post by ezaraf
GCSEs don't mean much trust me, but try hard for A levels

I didn't "fail", I got A's and B's but I'm still gutted l.o.l.

Well, I will be going for A's in my AS' so I guess I shouldn't worry too much. It's just put me off of applying for Cambridge. I'm getting some remarks anyways.
Reply 6
I didn't "fail", I got A's and B's but I'm still gutted l.o.l.

Well, I will be going for A's in my AS' so I guess I shouldn't worry too much. It's just put me off of applying for Cambridge. I'm getting some remarks anyways.

Not saying you failed lol, I understand because I got good grades bit I'm frustrated coz I could have done better.
Original post by ezaraf
Not saying you failed lol, I understand because I got good grades bit I'm frustrated coz I could have done better.

No, I know you didn't? I thought that might come across like that lol, I was just using the speech marks to basically say "for the want of a better word" :rofl:

Yeah. I got an A in English Literature and like a couple of marks off of full UMS for my entire course in Tech. Happy enough, I think it's probably just when you come on here and see people all like, "Yeah, hi, I got 14 A*s and if you didn't you should be ashamed" :rofl:

what did you get mate?
Reply 9
No, I know you didn't? I thought that might come across like that lol, I was just using the speech marks to basically say "for the want of a better word" :rofl:

Yeah. I got an A in English Literature and like a couple of marks off of full UMS for my entire course in Tech. Happy enough, I think it's probably just when you come on here and see people all like, "Yeah, hi, I got 14 A*s and if you didn't you should be ashamed" :rofl:

Haha okay :smile: and that's exactly how I feel, I'm kinda pessimistic but I've learned not to compare myself to others, it's kinda hard coz it's like second nature for me, but there's always gonna be people like that, but I proud for you anyways. And did you get shown the UMS mark? because it didnt say it on mine.
Original post by ezaraf
Haha okay :smile: and that's exactly how I feel, I'm kinda pessimistic but I've learned not to compare myself to others, it's kinda hard coz it's like second nature for me, but there's always gonna be people like that, but I proud for you anyways. And did you get shown the UMS mark? because it didnt say it on mine.

The UMS mark should be on your sheet for most of your subjects if not all. I got 8 A/A*s in the exams out of 17 but my coursework's went down due to boundaries and yeah. Everything fell. I'm just really gutted because I put my heart and soul in to them and some people who fell asleep in lessons scraped a grade higher than me in some of the things. It's weird because I was getting A*s year in year out for some things then got a B on the exam? Oh, okay pal. No.
Original post by Angelo12231
what did you get mate?

A's an B's. They're not bad it's just what they're in and stuff.
A's an B's. They're not bad it's just what they're in and stuff.

Don't put too much emphasis on gcse grades - I got mostly A and B grades 2 years ago and I just walked away with 4 A2 grade A/A*.

Don't judge yourself by others standards - with hard work you can achieve anything you set your mind too.

Good luck.
Original post by AmyPilot
Don't put too much emphasis on gcse grades - I got mostly A and B grades 2 years ago and I just walked away with 4 A2 grade A/A*.

Don't judge yourself by others standards - with hard work you can achieve anything you set your mind too.

Good luck.

Thanks. I'm not beating myself up about it really, I'm just sort of automatically disappointed but I'm optimistic for A-Levels.

Thanks and well done <3
Thanks. I'm not beating myself up about it really, I'm just sort of automatically disappointed but I'm optimistic for A-Levels.

Thanks and well done <3

Staying positive is good!

What you planning to study for AS?
Reply 15
The UMS mark should be on your sheet for most of your subjects if not all. I got 8 A/A*s in the exams out of 17 but my coursework's went down due to boundaries and yeah. Everything fell. I'm just really gutted because I put my heart and soul in to them and some people who fell asleep in lessons scraped a grade higher than me in some of the things. It's weird because I was getting A*s year in year out for some things then got a B on the exam? Oh, okay pal. No.

I know what you mean, but i guess the only rreason we study is to get a job, so exams don't really mean anything, but yeah ngl people like that annoy me, I mean seriously how is that possible?! And I just got a grade and a mark out of the total- I didn't even get a mark for maths lol just a grade
Original post by AmyPilot
Staying positive is good!

What you planning to study for AS?

AS English Literature, History, Biology and Philosophy & Ethics of Religion.

A2 all of them but dropping Biology or Philosophy would be the idea.
You've done really well Jay! And think of the positives like the A*,As etc:smile: onwards and upwards to the whole new world of a levels now! And if you're still feel disappointed,watch your fav hp film to cheer yourself up:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ezaraf
I know what you mean, but i guess the only rreason we study is to get a job, so exams don't really mean anything, but yeah ngl people like that annoy me, I mean seriously how is that possible?! And I just got a grade and a mark out of the total- I didn't even get a mark for maths lol just a grade

I didn't get it for maths. No one did apparently. Hmmmmmm.
Original post by VickyIsabelle
You've done really well Jay! And think of the positives like the A*,As etc:smile: onwards and upwards to the whole new world of a levels now! And if you're still feel disappointed,watch your fav hp film to cheer yourself up:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. How did you do?

Quick Reply

Latest