The Student Room Group

Guy already has a girlfriend who he lives with, but flirts with me at work

This guy is showing all the signs that he likes me with all the signs of flirting but he has a girlfriend who he lives with, which he hasn't told me directly. I heard some guys in the office talking about him and his girlfriend and that's how I learned of it. I was very disappointed because I thought only single people would express interest in another person romantically, I thought this because he seemed decent and didn't come across as a player. I was wrong. Maybe he isn't a player, maybe he genuinely likes me or maybe he is a player who can't help an ego boost at somebody elses expense.

What do I do, leave him alone? What if he actually likes me, do I hold out or ignore this

Scroll to see replies

Are you sure he's flirting and not just being really friendly?
Original post by The vampire

no such thing :wink:

to OP, people flirt when they have partners all the time, in fact most people i know do it to some extent even when they are taken, doesnt mean anything.

you sound quite young, how old are you?
Reply 3
Original post by Harrie Lyons

to OP, people flirt when they have partners all the time, in fact most people i know do it to some extent even when they are taken, doesnt mean anything.

I'm 20, although I've not much experience in dating.

I don't think people should flirt when they have partners, it sends out the wrong message.

Don't you have girl friends who you're nice to without flirting?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5

I know flirting when I see it.
Only single people show romantic interest? Haha so naive.

Just make it clear you're not interested.
Reply 7
Original post by bittr n swt
Only single people show romantic interest? Haha so naive.

Just make it clear you're not interested.

If a guy is in love with his girlfriend, isn't that satisfaction enough? You've had your fill, the girlfriend is beautiful so what more do you want?

Speaking for myself, if I were in a relationship I wouldn't flirt with other people.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by isitok19
If a guy is in love with his girlfriend, isn't that satisfaction enough? You've had your fill, the girlfriend is beautiful so what more do you want?

Speaking for myself, if I were in a relationship I wouldn't flirt with other people.

Well yes you would think that would be enough but people change and might want a new adventure or have a bit of a thrill
Do you flirt back?
Reply 10
If he really is flirting then tell him you're not interested in starting a relationship. There is no such thing as "True Love" in todays infected society im afraid. I suggest you tell hik to back off until you cause mayhem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Merlot-Onous
Do you flirt back?

Reluctantly, yes because he was quite persistent. Only, now I know he has a girlfriend who he's living with, I'm going to cool it.
Original post by Syngrone
If he really is flirting then tell him you're not interested in starting a relationship. There is no such thing as "True Love" in todays infected society im afraid. I suggest you tell hik to back off until you cause mayhem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Come on, leave a little room for true love!:smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Syngrone

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok, thanks for the advice
Reluctantly, yes because he was quite persistent. Only, now I know he has a girlfriend who he's living with, I'm going to cool it.

I don't like the sound of that! Persistent is not good.
Definitely, don't be used.
Don't you have girl friends who you're nice too without flirting?

i guess it depends on what you mean by flirting
ive had flirtatious conversations with a lot of my female friends yeah, it doesnt mean anything. certainly doesnt mean i desperately craving to have sex with them like the op is saying, its just a bit of fun for the moment.
unless the guys being full on sexual i think the op is being too quick to judge
I'm 20, although I've not much experience in dating.

I don't think people should flirt when they have partners, it sends out the wrong message.

is it just banter or is he joking about the two of you having sex etc.
if its the former then for many many people its just the way they speak.
not to is boring and they wouldnt think they are sending out a message.
i guess it depends on what you mean by flirting
ive had flirtatious conversations with a lot of my female friends yeah, it doesnt mean anything. certainly doesnt mean i desperately craving to have sex with them like the op is saying, its just a bit of fun for the moment.
unless the guys being full on sexual i think the op is being too quick to judge

I agree. I can be quite flirty in rl and to me it doesn't mean anything. :tongue:
I agree. I can be quite flirty in rl and to me it doesn't mean anything. :tongue:

yeah it just shows confidence and being fun to be around, full of life and feisty......

Spoiler

Don't you have girl friends who you're nice to without flirting?

it's a pain in the ass that is. So many girls keep thinking i'm hitting on them when i'm just being friendly to them, like i would to everyone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending