The Student Room Group

getting into medicine before turning 18

well does anyone else have this problem ... I am an international student and in my country school is only 12 years and due to that I wont turn 18 until after 2 month of the course's start.

does anyone know the how different unis think about this ??? any help will be appreciated
Hiya :smile:

I'm a med student at Birmingham and there are a couple of people in my year who started medschool at 17. Some were Canadians who finished school earlier than we do in the UK and I know of at least one British girl who was moved up a year in school and so finished at 17!

The only thing I'd mention is that a lot of the uni fresher's events and parties etc take place in bars and clubs which only let over 18s in, and i guess these people may have missed out on this in the first few weeks!

Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toffeecrisp_
Hiya :smile:

I'm a med student at Birmingham and there are a couple of people in my year who started medschool at 17. Some were Canadians who finished school earlier than we do in the UK and I know of at least one British girl who was moved up a year in school and so finished at 17!

The only thing I'd mention is that a lot of the uni fresher's events and parties etc take place in bars and clubs which only let over 18s in, and i guess these people may have missed out on this in the first few weeks!

Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

well great to know some unis allow this and well missing a couple of parties wont kill me :smile: thanks
Reply 3
All Scottish universities will let you in and most others too, with some exceptions. E.g. St Georges offers deferred entry. You must be 18 when you start your course there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending